Alternative Browsers

prlundberg

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
So I'm getting a bit tired of Edge on my S3. It's OK but I still run into enough glitches and issues that I'm growing frustrated with it. The biggest problem I have is that it's often not responsive when clicking links, or the response is so delayed it ends up zooming in several seconds after I try to click something a couple times.

I have tried Chrome and Firefox but they run very poorly for some reason. They both scroll so badly they're not really usable.

Are there any alternatives or different versions or settings I can try? I really don't get what the issue is, Chrome and Firefox run fine on every other device I use them on.

I'm also wondering if I just have a bad Surface as there is a lot of lag and glitches all over. But it seemed fine the couple of days I had it running 8.1 so I don't think that's it.

My return window is closing and I don't find it acceptable as is, not for what it cost anyway.

Any ideas?

Thanks

prlundberg

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I did a reset and spent half a day restoring stuff. The first program I installed was Firefox and it was the same, bad lag with the scrolling. I can't believe I'd be the only one with this issue. I have tried Chrome and Pale Moon as well, all the same.

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I use Firefox all the time. I got lag when running videos because of Flash. But, it seems too be fine now. I don't use the resource hog that is Scroogle Chrome. Just installing Chrome will bring down performance.

prlundberg

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Well I broke down and installed ad blocker and flash blocker software. Chrome and Firefox are now both usable. Not great, but usable. Fast to load but still choppy scrolling. Which is more than I can say for Edge on this site, which keeps missing keystrokes as I type.

It's behaving like a memory issue, but I have the 4 GB model so I don't think that's it. Just poor software. Which stinks, because neither Chrome or Firefox are very touch friendly.

I also tried UC browser but it seems to be a bit buggy too. I'll keep playing with it.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Edge does seem problematic here. Often my first character gets in front of the rest of the typing. So this would have started "dge does seemE". Also, hitting return can have unexpected results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster