Am having one of those next gen console moments!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

I'm getting very excited over the next gen consoles and having to contain myself from bouncing off the walls! :excited:

However after deep thought about it, I came up with a conclusion:

When the next gen come out (I think it will be before Christmas) both will be at a high price ?400 to ?500 now after that holiday period and a few months afterwards, the price will drop down including the first game released for the consoles.

Now this will be the time when I will purchase one of these consoles (or both I feel greedy :evil:) and the games would be part of a console bundle which will make the games overall cheaper. :grin:

As well bugs/glitches that are found will hopefully be patch and I won't feel so much as a beta tester (this part not to important for me but it would good too have the glitches crushed out :smile:)

So this is my plan of action :wink:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I try not to buy tech stuff right when it is released because of the same reasons - price and bugs in the first versions. I'll do the same when PS4 comes out (I got PS3 when they released the slim)

Also, I still have a backlog of PS3 games that I still want to play

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm getting the Xbox too! I wont be standing in line though. But I will be looking for bundle deals around the net.

EDIT: assuming that the new xbox comes with Bluray. :)

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting the Xbox too! I wont be standing in line though. But I will be looking for bundle deals around the net.

EDIT: assuming that the new xbox comes with Bluray. :)

next xbox will come with bluray. But it will force you to install the games before playing them

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read, you're supposed to be able to play a game while it installs game files on the HD.

Yeah heard the same. It will allow you to play the game whilst it installs in the background. Heard Blu-ray and 500gb HD
I wil also get nextbox, but from the stats the PS4 does look good (bit confused why no-one has still not seen the console yet though)

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah heard the same. It will allow you to play the game whilst it installs in the background. Heard Blu-ray and 500gb HD
I wil also get nextbox, but from the stats the PS4 does look good (bit confused why no-one has still not seen the console yet though)

I think they will show off the PS4 nearer to the nextxbox.

There just teasing with us all :wink:

fredolay69

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
IMHO, PS3 was far inferior to the Xbox 360. The only thing it had going for it was bluetooth, blueray, and i happened to like that cell processor thing it had for the graphics. Otherwise, Xbox murdered and ate it for breakfast. The social interaction, the online features, and everything else that makes the 60 bucks a year worth paying for, is why i love my xbox so much. So yea the PS4 has some pretty awesome features I wont lie. That share button looks awesome. And being able to watch, live, what your friends are playing is awesome too. Yet i feel that as awesome as these features are, Xbox will find a way to trump it all, just like the 360 ate the PS3 for breakfast. Some how some way, it is going to reveal the most amazing next gen features, and they can only grow on everything that is available now. I guess I'll just have to wait until april.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
next xbox will come with bluray. But it will force you to install the games before playing them

Excellent! That means I can get rid of my 360 and PS3 and just have one console on my tv stand. Now only if I can subscribe to cable through Xbox in my area, I'd get rid of my cable box too.

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
IMHO, PS3 was far inferior to the Xbox 360. The only thing it had going for it was bluetooth, blueray, and i happened to like that cell processor thing it had for the graphics. Otherwise, Xbox murdered and ate it for breakfast. The social interaction, the online features, and everything else that makes the 60 bucks a year worth paying for, is why i love my xbox so much. So yea the PS4 has some pretty awesome features I wont lie. That share button looks awesome. And being able to watch, live, what your friends are playing is awesome too. Yet i feel that as awesome as these features are, Xbox will find a way to trump it all, just like the 360 ate the PS3 for breakfast. Some how some way, it is going to reveal the most amazing next gen features, and they can only grow on everything that is available now. I guess I'll just have to wait until april.

My problem with sony is that they always made crapy choices about CPUs and GPUs. The cell processor is an outstanding CPU but not for games and it proved that. And the same is true about their PS2 CPU.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The load times on new PS3 games can get quite long, plus the wifi has always been very slow for me.

This is off topic, but it's sad to hear that Disney has killed off the gaming division of Lucas Arts. I guess no Star Wars games on the horizon.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The load times on new PS3 games can get quite long, plus the wifi has always been very slow for me.

This is off topic, but it's sad to hear that Disney has killed off the gaming division of Lucas Arts. I guess no Star Wars games on the horizon.

Same for me it goes very slow the WIFI, I notice it happens in psn store the most and load time are just as bad with games so I'm holding off on buying new games to save money on the next gen.

Very sad news about lucasart and what Disney has done. I was hoping for the next gen consoles to have stars battlefront 3, 1313 and force unleashed 3 shame. :crying:

I heard that they will license the franchise to companies if they choice too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte