Amazon has the Charging Shell for $26.43

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have the charging shell for the 1020 (or any other phone for that matter)? I'd love to continue utilizing my wireless charger but am afraid that the case will feel cheap compared to natural phone.

Thanks!

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have the charging shell for the 1020 (or any other phone for that matter)? I'd love to continue utilizing my wireless charger but am afraid that the case will feel cheap compared to natural phone.

Thanks!

I've got it and like it; wish it was integrated, but, oh well...I don't leave it on the whole time. I actually leave it by the charger and only slip it on when I need to charge it lol

TheGeekNextDoor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Amazon shows temporarily out of stock on both colors.

They have show that since they put the cases on sale a couple days ago. Hopefully they will get some stock so I can get my shell for 33% off. Two days ago, they had the price at $39.99. I noticed it changed over to the cheaper price last night. That was my cue to pick one up. I got great deals on a bunch of wireless chargers the other days from PayDeals. Was just waiting for a good shell price.

I wonder if anyone will come out with a case that provides wireless charging. Would be nice to have a full case that also provides charging.

I also noticed that the 925 has 3 contacts for its shell and the 1020 has 2. Why aren't they be consistent? You would think they would have the same wireless charging innards for all of the shells.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've got it and like it; wish it was integrated, but, oh well...I don't leave it on the whole time. I actually leave it by the charger and only slip it on when I need to charge it lol

When I get my case, I'm thinking about merging the case and wireless charger somehow. I have some ideas, but I won't know for sure until the case comes in. I want to attach the case to the charger, so I can just place (or snap) the phone into the case and have it start charging. Maybe super glue, or thick double sided tape.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
When I get my case, I'm thinking about merging the case and wireless charger somehow. I have some ideas, but I won't know for sure until the case comes in. I want to attach the case to the charger, so I can just place (or snap) the phone into the case and have it start charging. Maybe super glue, or thick double sided tape.

I like the sleekness of the phone by itself and may actually consider *not* getting a case for the first time ever for a cellphone <shiver, spine tingles> lol With that said, if I was to get a case <cough, Otterbox, cough>, I really like your idea :) Take the wireless charging leads out/off of the Nokia wireless charging shell (Exacto knife, perhaps?) and attach them to the inside of the Otterbox (or some other case...camera shell, maybe?). Seems simple enough but the charging stand/pad's current would have to be strong enough to penetrate the case/shell. Who's up for testing? Kickstarter campaign anyone? LOL

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I like the sleekness of the phone by itself and may actually consider *not* getting a case for the first time ever for a cellphone <shiver, spine tingles> lol With that said, if I was to get a case <cough, Otterbox, cough>, I really like your idea :) Take the wireless charging leads out/off of the Nokia wireless charging shell (Exacto knife, perhaps?) and attach them to the inside of the Otterbox (or some other case...camera shell, maybe?). Seems simple enough but the charging stand/pad's current would have to be strong enough to penetrate the case/shell. Who's up for testing? Kickstarter campaign anyone? LOL

Ha ha, yeah, once a good case comes out (Otterbox, Lifeproof, or Nokia's rumored leather case), then I will be buying. The cases currently on the market just don't look like they're worth the money.

But it will be almost disappointing covering such a sleek phone in a case, it really has an awesome feel to it (ESPECIALLY the screen, it's the silkiest phone screen I've ever used!). But alas, it doesn't matter how amazing it feels if it breaks, so I will be buying a case.

But I do hope case makers add wireless charging capabilities, it would be rather disappointing if they excluded it.

TheGeekNextDoor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I picked up on a deal posted here a week or so ago on the chargers at Paydeals.com. I now have the car mount with wireless charging, desktop stand, a fatboy pillow, and the good ole boring basic wireless charger. I like being able to just set the phone down and have it charge in any room I'm in. One for the car, office desk, bedroom nightstand, and in the family room next to the couch. My son has the 920, with two other wireless chargers, so we are pretty much committed to as much phantom power drain in our house as possible! LOL

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Not that I know of. I cancelled my order. I may get it from MS instead.

Greeaaat... I'm actually waiting on the camera grip from amazon, which will probably suffer the same fate as the charging shell. Oh man, I guess I'll try calling the MS kiosk at the mall. The people that work there though aren't very friendly. That's why I refuse to buy from them. But if they're going to be my only choice... I just hope they have yellow.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Greeaaat... I'm actually waiting on the camera grip from amazon, which will probably suffer the same fate as the charging shell. Oh man, I guess I'll try calling the MS kiosk at the mall. The people that work there though aren't very friendly. That's why I refuse to buy from them. But if they're going to be my only choice... I just hope they have yellow.

Man, the people at the MS kiosk near me are GREAT. I actually enjoy going in and talking to them. But the kiosks (called "Specialty Stores") don't carry the wireless cover. This was verified with MS themselves. They're only carried in the brick and mortar stores. The camera grip is there. That came free with my phone. :)

But yeah, I am seriously teh disappoint in Amazon. They say "We don't know when or if we'll have them". *sigh*

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Man, the people at the MS kiosk near me are GREAT. I actually enjoy going in and talking to them. But the kiosks (called "Specialty Stores") don't carry the wireless cover. This was verified with MS themselves. They're only carried in the brick and mortar stores. The camera grip is there. That came free with my phone. :)

But yeah, I am seriously teh disappoint in Amazon. They say "We don't know when or if we'll have them". *sigh*

It's probably not Amazon's fault if they have not received the covers from Nokia yet, for whatever reason; actually I am kind of dissapointed with Nokia about the covers, how come they can launch a hight tech phone, but have so much trouble getting the covers out?
Also I would finally like to hear if we are getting the leather case from Nokia or whether they decided to scrap it, I wouldn't be happy if I buy a $35 case from ATT only to replace it a week or two later with the Nokia one.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It's probably not Amazon's fault if they have not received the covers from Nokia yet, for whatever reason; actually I am kind of dissapointed with Nokia about the covers, how come they can launch a hight tech phone, but have so much trouble getting the covers out?
Also I would finally like to hear if we are getting the leather case from Nokia or whether they decided to scrap it, I wouldn't be happy if I buy a $35 case from ATT only to replace it a week or two later with the Nokia one.

This same exact thing happened with the 920 as well. Took forever for the cases and accessories to become available. Definitely not an Amazon issue... I'm certain MS Store gets priority.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre