Amber Update UK Thread

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Typical. Got up late so didn't check for updates.

Now my phone has detected the update, but won't download it via mobile signal.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Typical. Got up late so didn't check for updates.

Now my phone has detected the update, but won't download it via mobile signal.

Of course it won't, it's like 1GB. Do yourself a favour though, take a picture before you update, and then another of the same when you update. I'm trying to figure out if this green/yellow image tinting and blurring affects everyone.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm.... I was one of the impatient ones that used the firmware available on Nokia's servers... Having just looked at the version of firmware EE have just released, seems my early firmware download is not up to date as it is only:

:-/

That is the latest

he_shark

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Funny you say that, as battery life is what I'm looking out for as well. I haven't had this phone long at all and my old Lumia 800 which supposed to have shorter battery life, easily gets more than my 920. So hopefully it improves for me with this update.

I'm noticing massive battery improvements, wasn't expecting that at all. Better than Glance, DoubleTap, DataSense, FM Radio, and the rest this is the best thing about GDR2 for me. I went to bed last night at 12, phone was at 99%. I put Glance & Double Tap on, and when I got up at 8am, it was still at 99%! I don't even know how that is possible. I'm currently keeping it off the charger just to see if I can actually get it to drain. If this lasts it'll make a massive difference to my phone usage. If only they could have had this when the phone came out almost a year ago... (couldn't be all positive!)

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I too did the early server update, but my phone became fraught with problems, probably from the Nokia extras etc...
So I downgraded back to 1308 then let the phone do OTA to Amber and all is hunky dory even with Nokia extras.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I too did the early server update, but my phone became fraught with problems, probably from the Nokia extras etc...
So I downgraded back to 1308 then let the phone do OTA to Amber and all is hunky dory even with Nokia extras.

Do you have the green-tint camera problem still? You can check by taking a pic with Pro Cam and immediately viewing it, you should see it change right before your eyes

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

How did you downgrade? If I try and put the 1308 fw into Products/rm-821 folder, in NCS it still shows as 2021 and tried to download more stuff

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
@MrWhiteman.

I don't get green, but a "warming" light glow, more pinkish than yellow.
I've been messing with the FW before and oddly, I found the first time I went from 1308 > 2021, I had no camera tint. I then reflashed again from another PC with 2021 and voila!, yellow tint.
Now it won't go, but since it's a know about and easily corrected issue, I'll just wait for the bug fix.
As to getting back to 1308, I previously flashed via NSU for Retail when 1308 was out and it stores the package on your PC. I knew once the next update was out, I wouldn't be able to download it anymore.
I then deleted the 2021 FW from it, leaving only 1308.
Loaded up Nokia Care Suite and installed 1308 via the recovery option. You have to flash as a dead phone though by holding Vol. down & Power til it starts the process. Went in no problem.
Hope that helps.

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have no problem either, and as has been said Pro Cam is fantastic. It seems to me the only people who are having camera issues are those who flashed the ROM...

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have no problem either, and as has been said Pro Cam is fantastic. It seems to me the only people who are having camera issues are those who flashed the ROM...

I flashed back to 1308 and installed Amber the official way so we'll have to see! Can you take a screenshot immediately after taking the picture and then another screenshot of the picture viewed in camera roll?

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
So you dont see any change in tint of the pics seconds after taking the pic? If that so then its awesome. Now only if someone who has flashed the ROM can confirm this too. Then I'll flash it happily

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizmizo