Anniversary Edition Not Compatible?

adamleonard

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I just got my Surface Book yesterday and then downloaded the upgrade tool from Microsoft that let's you install the update immediately rather than waiting for Windows Update to do it. However, when I ran it, the program said that the "The Display is not compatible with Windows 10. Check with the manufacturer for support." Huh?

cunn8780

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm running the Anniversary Update right now on my 512GB surface book, and it's running great. I downloaded the media creation tool and created a USB installation media so I could do a clean install and didn't have any issues upgrading. Have you tried creating a USB install? Might as well do a clean install since you just got it yesterday.

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
So it's new? I'm not sure what you mean about the upgrade tool unless your the Media Creation Tool which is for clean installs. What you should have done is gone to the Windows updates and it will update you to what is needed to do the Anniversary Update. You can manually check for updates and that is where I started the update and every update I've done to my Surface Book. I did this on 2 machine and the first thing I noticed was the perfomance was faster than it was the day before the update.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
So it's new? I'm not sure what you mean about the upgrade tool unless your the Media Creation Tool which is for clean installs. What you should have done is gone to the Windows updates and it will update you to what is needed to do the Anniversary Update. You can manually check for updates and that is where I started the update and every update I've done to my Surface Book. I did this on 2 machine and the first thing I noticed was the perfomance was faster than it was the day before the update.

Media creation tool and any ISO can be done as an in-place upgrade and it works like an update/upgrade. Windows Central actually had an article yesterday on how to do this.

I saw a post on MS's forums about this same issue -- not sure why anyone is seeing it, because my Surface Book updated just fine ... perhaps the OP needs to run sfc/scannow and then fire up the dism command along with a current build image (not the anniversary update image) to fix any issues first, and then attempt the upgrade again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium