Another 1520 Screen Issues question

wprph

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
looking to get the 1520 but all these threads about screen issues is making me hesitant. I have a few ?s.....
1. Are these screen issues coming from a particular source of 1520s? For example, are they all coming from unlocked versions (i.e. 1520.3) or from AT&T versions?
2. Seems like a majority of the screen issue is related to the glance screen app since the tap/scroll issue seems to be fixed when that app is removed....is that true? Or do you guys believe it's a hardware issue?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

jodeltje

May 9, 2014
Visit site
No.

The phone isn't properly build. If it bends, the inner cabling to the touch screen get messed up and you'll start having the erratic touch issue.

People will try and tell you otherwise, they're wrong.

Edit: I've repaired many many smartphones, and the problem lies purely in design. Manufacturers started using unibody designs, making the housing the frame where everything is build onto. There is nothing wrong with the exoskeleton idea, but with the 1520, to keep it from being a tank, they made the housing a regular plastic housing, without a frame build into it. No exoskeleton, no frame = fragile phone.

It is a fantastic phone though, just don't put it in your front pocket.

wprph

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I can see your reasoning of the screen issues bring related to the unibody design. Not keeping it in my front pocket will be a problem though since I always keep it in there.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Any phone will give you problems if you put them in the wrong place; use them in the wrong way. I have the 1520 and put it in my hip pocket. You have to understand, my slacks are large enough to breath and easily walk in and they don't change my voice if you get my drift. I don't see a problem if you are careful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss