Another complaining about 40 grams

Yakkaimono

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I went to a local shop yesterday and saw that the white one was on display. I was so excited and started to play around with it and remembered that I should probably pay attention to the weight. And honestly I don't get what's supposed to be so bad about. It feels totally normal for it's size and it also felt pretty thin. Thinner then it actually is.
I don't know if it's cause I'm coming from an 800 but seriously those reviews are totally overblowing the weight issue.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The reviewer have a valid point when it comes to the 920s weight issue. It is the heaviest of the smart phones out there. Even heavier than the note 2 with a 5.5 " screen. Personally I done see how the device could be this heavy if the 8x has wireless charging built in also. I think the real problem is the shape of the device. It's thick all the way around which makes its footprint huge. If Nokia when with a 8x design the device wouldn't be getting half the negativity it is even at the same weight. I'm also let down by Nokia with the phones design.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Every review I've read has complained about the weight on this device. Suddenly every damn tech reviewer is an iPhone totting idiot? Please get real. The reason its mentioned in all reviews because it is a BIG factor in overall ergonomics .

"I WANT SOMETHING NEW! Not that stale piece of doodoo that you call iOS 6."

I wonder who's the bigger idiot here? Clearly you're just a troll or a hardcore ****** of this platform and are not willing to hear ANY negative aspect about the flagship phone. The phone is excellent, but it is heavy. Whether you believe it or not makes absolutely no difference. But I'm willing to believe a guy who gets paid to review it and has probably used thousands of phones.

firewall2302

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I prefer to never use a case on my iPhone 4. I'll put a bumper case on if I'm traveling or hiking or doing some other outdoor activity, but most of the time it's naked as a jay bird. No scratches, no cracks, no scuffs, and I've had it since launch day.

Re: the review, I thought it was a great review and very fair to the strengths and weaknesses of both the Lumia 920 and WP8 in general. You guys are way too sensitive over the weight criticism.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

In all fairness, we're not making a huge deal over the weight, the reviewers are. We're just defending what we feel to be a quality phone against claims that it's unusable because it's so heavy.

I mean seriously, Pocket-Lint said "It's is so heavy it will hamper you wanting to use it single-handed." What is this thing, a medieval great sword that weighs 7 lbs and can't be swung one-handed? No, it's a phone that weighs 6.5 ounces. I don't hear people complaining that they can't comfortably drink their tall latte from Starbucks with one hand, and that weighs about 13 ounces. That's 100% more if you want to play that game.

Last edited:

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
The reality is that we live in a world where the iPhone mindset & culture is very pervasive & all-encompassing. Even if you are not using an iPhone, we are still influenced by this "iPhone is cool" obsessive culture.
Frankly, I find this environment spiritually suffocating in a technological sense.

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, after today's news, a $99 AWESOME phone that weighs a bit more than normal should do very good. Let us hope...

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
In all fairness, we're not making a huge deal over the weight, the reviewers are. We're just defending what we feel to be a quality phone against claims that it's unusable because it's so heavy.
People are making such a huge deal over the reviewer's making a huge deal over the weight that they're letting it dictate how they feel about the review as a whole. That's what I meant. Every review I've read has mentioned the weight of the phone, but every review has also mentioned other features of the phone with both praise and criticism. IMO, the reviews have all been fair and good. A lot of 920 fans seem to be having trouble seeing the bigger picture.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6