Any apps that analyze the mobile network for you for phones that don't come with that feature?

MassDeduction

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Are there any apps that run on Windows 10 Mobile similar in nature to the "Field Test Mode" app (that is hidden in many Nokias, accessible by dialing ##3282# from the phone dialer)?

I'm eager to get more info on the local mobile networks. Field Test Mode works well enough, but doesn't (at least in plain language) tell me all the things I want to know, and isn't accessible on all devices. I want to know what bands the phone is picking up, how much bandwidth each carrier has in each band, whether MFBI is turned on or not (such as in the case of a carrier that has deployed both band 12 and band 17 in a given area), etc. Or does Windows 10 Mobile not allow apps access to that data?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Are there any apps that run on Windows 10 Mobile similar in nature to the "Field Test Mode" app (that is hidden in many Nokias, accessible by dialing ##3282# from the phone dialer)?

I'm eager to get more info on the local mobile networks. Field Test Mode works well enough, but doesn't (at least in plain language) tell me all the things I want to know, and isn't accessible on all devices. I want to know what bands the phone is picking up, how much bandwidth each carrier has in each band, whether MFBI is turned on or not (such as in the case of a carrier that has deployed both band 12 and band 17 in a given area), etc. Or does Windows 10 Mobile not allow apps access to that data?

There appears to be a "field test app" called Field Medic however I haven't played around with it.

microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/field-medic/9wzdncrfjb82

Here you go.

WiFi Tool
microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/wifi-tool/9nblggh5xz1z

WiFi Analyzer
microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh33n0n

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There appears to be a "field test app" called Field Medic however I haven't played around with it.

microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/field-medic/9wzdncrfjb82
Thanks, interesting app, albeit with a sizable text file on first run describing that the app might send personally identifiable info to MS, and other disclaimers.

One confusing line in the phone status screen: it lists Battery Capacity as 12900, but it doesn't give units. This 950XL should have about 3340 mAh. Does anyone have an idea what the 12900 could mean? Maybe I'm the lucky one with four times the standard capacity? :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lenitana