Any good voice recording and password keeper apps?

BlackberryFan2009

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I'd prefer official apps from Microsoft or Google or some other reputable brand. I don't want 2 download some app that some nobody hacker put in the app store.

Can someone make some recommendations? Also, I am shocked my Lumia doesn't come with a voice recorder app pre installed because the text message
Feature let's me attach voice notes. Very strange.

passntyme

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about a voice recorder app. I use sky wallet for passwords. Its a good app and has a good interface. Plenty of entry fields.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if you want to record the audio or do speech recognition. If you want the latter, just press and hold the Windows key, when the speech recognition starts, then say "Note" followed by your message. The phone will convert it to text and store it in a OneNote note on your phone.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend Lastpass for a password manager. They have good apps for WP, W8, iOS, Android and Blackberry as well as extensions/add-on's for Chrome, IE and Firefox; and of course a web-based interface. Great password generator, the ability to have multiple log-in's for each site, secure notes, categories and a LOT more.

While the desktop browser extensions enable auto-fill or even auto-login, keep in mind the browser on WP (like iOS) will not allow this. This is an OS limitation that applies to every password manager. You'll need to open the Lastpass app and copy/paste your password, or else use the app's built in browser (which works fine).

I moved to LP a few years ago and could not imagine life without it. I like knowing that I have strong, unique passwords for every site- and can access them from any computer with a browser (or even offline if I choose).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786