Any new windows phones coming to Verizon?

rasputin01

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I currently have an Icon I use and a 928 that I retired earlier this year.
I am on the Verizon network, switching networks is not an option as I have 5 phones and 3 tablets on that network. Cost would be ugly.
I'm in need of a new phone and I really don't want to downgrade to the 735, the only phone Verizon offers for WM.
I would love it if the Elite X3 was coming to Verizon but I doubt it is.
Any suggestions or noise out there?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
no none at all, the last that was heard from them was when the LG lancet running windows phone 8.1 ran out of stock with them , back in august 2016. Since then there has been no news on any new launches or future devices from them.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No new Lumia's, any rumors of a "Surface Phone" peg it at a minimum of several months out and zero indication on whether it'll be on Verizon.

I do not expect any Windows Phones on Big Red indefinitely.
Although if Microsoft starts to pull itself together, not for another year at least.

rasputin01

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for the replies.
Would love to keep WM but I needs a new phone.
Shame none of the other makers have similar hands free texting like WM.
I drive 70-80k miles a year and use the heck out of Cortana when I get and send text.

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
It is somewhat displeasing that MS can give us no assurance of any phones on VZ... I know this is still the year they said they wouldn't care about mobile. So I guess there is nothing to do.

J Dubbs

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Thank you all for the replies.
Would love to keep WM but I needs a new phone.
Shame none of the other makers have similar hands free texting like WM.
I drive 70-80k miles a year and use the heck out of Cortana when I get and send text.
There are several Android phones that have similar hands free texting to WM. The Moto phones have moto voice which I use... not quite as good as Cortana but close enough to get the job done. Samsung's have S-Voice.... which I haven't used but is supposed to be similar. I think Siri also does hands free texting as well. But nobody can complete with Cortana... she's the most well thought out and easiest to use hands free assistant out there 😉

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria