Any other IT professionals get this reaction from their co-workers?

albertph

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that most people want these apps. First question I get from people when I show off my phone is, "Does it have this app?" Fortunately, most of the time, I say yes, yes it does. But once we get to apps like instagram and games like temple run, it's an automatic turn off and they're not interested anymore

People still play Temple Run?

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
my coworkers have generally been impressed by the screen, camera, bing translate, and nokia cinemagraph.

Still, it's very difficult competing with "there's an app for that".

The funniest thing was that one of our exchange admins was the only one with a "why the F did you buy a windows phone" reaction.

VoodooKing#WP

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
So anyone that isn't on the Windows Phone bandwagon is called a sack-rider? Lovely, and I suppose suckling on the teet of Nokia and Microsoft is all the rage these days.

/kidding

Here's the deal. Companies run on Microsoft. Desktops are running Windows XP still. It will be years before tablet use is mainstream and another decade before you see more diversity in the desktop OS front. On the consumer side you have combinations of Windows / Mac / Linux / BSD.

Did he just say BSD?

Yes, I did.

When I had a Lumia I showed off my baby to the IT guys. They loved it for its simplicity but the marketing slogan "There's an app for that" was quickly touted as the missing link for Windows Phone. Windows Phone 8 is not a field of dreams - it has to be the destination for developers and consumers alike. Right now there is more money to be had with iOS and Android. It's going to take a large developer to publicly acknowledge and pledge support for the platform and quickly (same day) release an exclusive app that blows the competition out of the water and highlights the strengths of the platform.

The company I work in is in the process of migrating to Windows 7 because of MS discontinuation of support for XP. Most companies I know (typically banking ones) are doing the same thing.

MrPsychlo

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Today couple of guys at work were complaint about our business cards having qr codes on them they were like you gotta open phone find the app and all I was like what are you talking about I just hit this button then tap here and bam they were just like damn

really?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evan.mason5724