Anybody interested in metal music?

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Same genre as Dark Angel, Exodus etc. Pretty basic thrash.
Dark Angel? The thrash band? I've listened to them, and Exodus, and I like them, but they just don't cut it. Witchery is blackened speed metal, whereas Exodus and Dark Angel are thrash, like Warbringer. The closest band I've found is Midnight, but I don't like their lack of production quality.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I think Dark Angel came to mind because of Jim Durkin of that band now joining Witchery. Exodus doesn't cut it? With the exception of a few albums they are one of the best thrash bands ever! From the sound of it you are more into death metal. I will say that going back and listening to Witcherys Restless and Dead album there is a lot of Exodus like rhythms, checking on YouTube it seems that their newer material is heavier.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I think Dark Angel came to mind because of Jim Durkin of that band now joining Witchery. Exodus doesn't cut it? With the exception of a few albums they are one of the best thrash bands ever! From the sound of it you are more into death metal. I will say that going back and listening to Witcherys Restless and Dead album there is a lot of Exodus like rhythms, checking on YouTube it seems that their newer material is heavier.
Alright, BbB was a good album, but I've never really understood why it gets so much love. To be honest, I like Pleasures of the Flesh, or Tempo of the Damned better. Anyway, I don't have a favorite subgenre. I love thrash, (some) heavy, like dream evil and mercyful fate. (some) power metal, like Firewind and Power Quest, blackened thrash, like Skeletonwitch and infernal war, and Witchery, but I don't like regular black or death metal, I find them boring. I do like melodic death though. Also, (some) prog, like Angra or almah. The thing I love about Witchery is their obsession with evil and the undead, and they don't take themselves seriously. Exodus, while good, is a little bland in my opinion on this day and age.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes