Anybody managed to Unlock O2 620?

Status
Not open for further replies.

germcevoy

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Got one today (great deal at ?119) but I'm not an O2 customer. Local phone shops etc are claiming to be unable to unlock it. Anybody had any luck?

Hammered Pizza

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Got one today (great deal at ?119) but I'm not an O2 customer. Local phone shops etc are claiming to be unable to unlock it. Anybody had any luck?

I'm going to try in a couple weeks. Got a mate on a contract deal, ask them to say they're going abroad and need it unlocked. Could work.

misterleoni

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
The official response I got from O2 was that if I wanted them to unlock it I would either have to wait 12 months and pay them ?15 (having activated the supplied PAYG SIM) or put my contract SIM in for 24 hours then ring them back and they will do it free of charge and send me the code within 7-10 days. I have a contract SIM from a Note II deal I took out at ?10.50 a month a few months ago so I will be using that.

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So ?15 to unlock the phone there and then? If so thats it im getting it for ?150 and ?15 unlock. Its still a **** of a lot cheaper than any other UK retailer is selling them for.

Dazw

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
So ?15 to unlock the phone there and then? If so thats it im getting it for ?150 and ?15 unlock. Its still a **** of a lot cheaper than any other UK retailer is selling them for.

Bear in mind that Carphone Warehouse are selling it for ?189.95 (plus ?10 top up) but will price match the major networks, I used that to get it for ?149.99 (plus ?10 topup). And coming from the Carphone Warehouse means that it is unlocked.

Annoyingly they would match the O2 price when they had it for ?119.99 for a day but ?159.99 in total for unlocked version seemed OK to me.

D

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Really? So if i go into my local carphonewarehouse tomorrow and say I want to buy the phone on pay as you go, they will match the price? But will they only match it if I pay it on o2 pay as you go? surely it will still be locked to o2 then? Could I get them to price match it if I wanted it on vodafone as well?

Shingen

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I already posted a reply but its disappeared ?? I found a service manual for this phone on the net and although i'm not 100% sure,i think the user can unlock it themselves.I wont post the link as i'll probably get this post pulled as well.

germcevoy

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I sold my O2 model on and got a new unlocked one via ebay at ?70. ?40 quid more than the total cost of the O2 one day deal but I do not care.

John Bourne

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I sent a request to O2 and they sent me the code to type in and SIM unlock the device only took 24 hours to get the code and it didn't cost me anything as I am an O2 pay monthly customer even though the 620 isn't my primary device.

Tested with an Orange SIM and works fine and can even select the EE APN with the O2 firmware.

Dazw

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Really? So if i go into my local carphonewarehouse tomorrow and say I want to buy the phone on pay as you go, they will match the price? But will they only match it if I pay it on o2 pay as you go? surely it will still be locked to o2 then? Could I get them to price match it if I wanted it on vodafone as well?

When I got my 620 I called up Carphone Warehouse and told them that O2 were selling it for ?149.99 with ?10 top up. They matched the price for the phone but I did have to still get a ?10 O2 top up , the difference was that the phone was not locked to O2, I currently have my Virgin SIM in it.

D

timanderson

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I sent a request to O2 and they sent me the code to type in and SIM unlock the device only took 24 hours to get the code and it didn't cost me anything as I am an O2 pay monthly customer even though the 620 isn't my primary device.

Tested with an Orange SIM and works fine and can even select the EE APN with the O2 firmware.

I tried and O2 refused as "it isn't an iPhone" and my contract is for an iPhone.

Tim

aspergerguy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
They do seem to have starting adding IMEI of O2 (UK) 620 to database(s) and 20 digit unlock code available at a price if O2 being difficult with PAYG!

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I received my code today from mobileunlocked.co.uk. Even though is a little expensive, they managed to get me the code!! Now my phone is unlocked!! :smile:

kNevik

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm that giffgaff works, and I assume any other network with a similar model using o2's network would also work (e..g Tesco)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daviicket