Anyone developed a rash/bumps?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
My wife started having rash issues just about two weeks ago.

*Had the Band since January
*She wears it 24/7
*She doesn't wear it too tight
*She doesn't exercise, well not lately anyway
*She has been cleaning it with a baby wipe (I clean mine with alcohol, run, lift weights, bike, sweat and have no rash or bumps at all)

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been wearing my band 24/7, other than charging, since it launched. So about a year. Within the last 2 weeks I have started getting an itchy/painful rash on my wrist where the charging connection is. I haven't changed anything. Going to get it replaced with Microsoft Complete and see if the new one is any better.

Christine_Essex_UK

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine since april and it's only in the past couple of months that it's started playing up and causing a very itchy rash on both inside and outside of my wrist - swapped wrists to allow it time to "dry" up and thought it had so swapped back and it came back with vengeance. Both wrists have rashes atm and I am giving myself dec off. But like that pic, mine is bumpy.

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I just sent mine in a 2nd time^^ using the Band 2 since couple of weeks, but still have my Band 1 with all the corrosion on the GSR + HR sensors... can't even charge it anymore. Are there any chances I get a Band 2 back maybe? Anyone any experience?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Support replaced mine and I got the same problem with the new one.... Will get a refund but Microsoft is not answering my questions regarding how are they going to deal with the rash problem. Since I sent the band back to MS I do not have the rash bit I have a dark mark that looks permanent. View attachment 116421

Yea, I came here looking for this thread. I got the same type of rash. I wear it for like 2 days strait accept to take it off for my daily shower and the rash is bad where I cant wear a watch. It's painful to wear anything.

With this being said, I had a Pebble 301bl (black plastic with rubber band) that I had for 4-5 months, never a problem with it like this. Even the pebble steel that is almost water proof (I would go swimming with it on) for another 3-4 months again no problems.

I am getting the bumps on the metal on it, I guess I will call support.

Is the band 2 better on this aspect ?

Meganp823

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I have been wearing my band since Christmas Eve. It was an awesome Christmas present! I have had no issues with it until a few days ago. I noticed my wrist was quite itchy and I looked down, my skin was peeling from where the sensors were against my skin and my skin was all red. Now fast forward to a couple days I have two distinct raised bumps and it looks like I've gotten burnt. It doesn't look like a regular rash. Anyone else run into this? I know a store manager for Microsoft and he's looking into this for me.

Krishna Sai1

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue - the Metal Alu surroundings to the Charging area and at the Heart Rate sensor , seem to be reacting to the sweat and bubbling up , the metal is not tested to Sweat perhaps and this make the band look old and in a bad state even when its just 4 Months old , I wonder if they have sorted this out with MSbAND 2

michalmiksatko

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I did. Contacted Microsoft and I was offered a replacement or refund . I choose a refund this time and will most likely buy a Garmin Vivoactiv HR when it comes out next month. I went through three replacements for last year.
This is a difficult departure for me but one that is necessary . I need a reliable device and not one that needs to be replaced on regular bases.

Stuart Wood

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Had band 1 since christmas and now getting the rash. Emailed microsoft support. After two days was offered refund or replacement band 1. Went for refund and have band 2 due today on amazon prime.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
My wife started having rash issues just about two weeks ago.

*Had the Band since January
*She wears it 24/7
*She doesn't wear it too tight
*She doesn't exercise, well not lately anyway
*She has been cleaning it with a baby wipe (I clean mine with alcohol, run, lift weights, bike, sweat and have no rash or bumps at all)

Update: We got Band 2's in Dec '15. She has not had an issue with any rash since.

PGreen272

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I am presently using the the Tone Pro Bluetooth device and I have developed one wicked rash/bumps on the side of my neck...The LG Tone Pro (HBS-770) I notice also on the left side of my neck I started having severe pains around my chin bone the rash is on the right side and severe pain on my left side and after reviewing the wrist band problem I knew this was not just a co-incidence. I am pissed I paid all of that money and have subjected to some type of danger.. I wonder why? they want warn you :cry:

Mac Morrison1

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I've just started getting issues with the Band 1 - I've had it since november 2015 - no problems
But now i have a rash of itchy bumps on my wrist - where the charger plate touches - ive noticed three small - dots on the charger surround - looks like the pain has come off - so I'm sure thats why - the rash is still on me after a week of not wearing it. but it is less 'angry' now.
I'l call MS support in the uk today.

Lina Critzer

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Hello!

I purchased my Band a little more than 2 weeks ago and have worn it about 20 hours a day, every day since then. I noticed about 4 days ago that I was developing a small red mark/rash on the side of my wrist. I attributed it to the change to colder weather and my skin drying out, but then I started developing a major rash + bumps on the inside of my forearm, right under where the screen is situated.

Here is the inside of my forearm, showing the bumps (the redness happens after I've been wearing it for a while):
View attachment 89575View attachment 89576

And here is on the side of my wrist with just red rash:
View attachment 89577

I contacted Microsoft Band Support and he told me that I should clean the band using these methods - https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...rt%2Fhardware%2Fclean-and-care&token=1wvZFkzB

He let me know that it was being escalated to a higher division and I should get an e-mail from them in the next few days.

Just curious if anyone else has developed these issues?

Edit: I made an update post on the 2nd page towards the bottom.
Edit #2: I made a follow-up update post on 3rd page, detailing my method for getting rid of rash and/or bumps.

Yes I just started developing a rash/burn under my wrist, but after 6 months! I stopped using it. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria