Anyone else facing this problem?... [Dev prev users]

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
It's not a bug, it's a feature and it can be turned off. Go to settings, mobile network & simcard, and you see the option to use mobile date when wifi is low. Turn it off and you're safe from unexpected costs. Downside of turning it off could be that notifications can be delayed.

I don't have that feature either. (L520)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Poststamp care to post you firmware / o/s version numbers?

Along with your extras + info page?

Mine are:
wp_ss_20141208_0004.pngwp_ss_20141208_0005.pngwp_ss_20141208_0006.png

As you can see I don't have that option on my 920 :grincry:,

wp_ss_20141208_0001.pngwp_ss_20141208_0002.pngwp_ss_20141208_0003.png

Everybody else can you post your numbers too so we can see what is exactly is causing the discrepancy and direct MS to investigate this.
This is not the first time this happened in terms of options (I didn't have the show pictures automatically setting in ie under advanced options until i re-flashed the rom).

My guess is that option is probably tied to specific models, like the ability to set static ip address for Wi Fi (I still don't have that option)???

Edit: Come to think about it, if people do post their info from the about screen - make sure you crop out your IMEI numbers and everything below first!!!!

Last edited:

egold70

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Your guess is probably correct, I don`t have such setting on my 925 either but 630 has it
BTW also no static IP Wi-Fi setting on 925

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Since the update, I have noticed a change in WIFI connectivity for sure. Hope they patch this up quick!

I normally wouldn't use Data Sense, but if this is going on, I might want to enable that seeing as I only have 10GB shared data on my AT&T plan. Yesterday I was downloading some new albums that I had purchased on XBM and only realized afterwards that I had been on cell data the whole time. I was at work where normally I'm automatically connected to our WIFI there...

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't have that. Do you have denim?

It is not cyan or denim. The setting is present on my VZW Lumia 928 and even my old 822 - both are obviously still on black and I honestly cannot remember it being absent. I expect it is either tied to having a newer SIM or (more likely) is something carriers enable or disable as an option.

anon(8057870)

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
It is not cyan or denim. The setting is present on my VZW Lumia 928 and even my old 822 - both are obviously still on black and I honestly cannot remember it being absent. I expect it is either tied to having a newer SIM or (more likely) is something carriers enable or disable as an option.

May be not. I have a country variant , so should have it then???

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
it must be just a bug, if it goes "on" after pressing it it still looks "on" but it actually just got on when you pressed, the settings for data use when limited wifi have nothing to do with it, if you have data disabled, all those options are off, it wont enable data because of that, all it does is switch to cell data when it detects there is no internet coming from wifi, kind of like a backup connection, so it stays connected to wifi until it starts receiving internet from it and then it stops using cell data again, but it wont do that if you don't have data enabled in the first place, annoying but nothing to worry about, if you see that bug just go manually to settings-cellular and you should see data is still disabled

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss