Anyone else getting annoyed that apps come out as "Lumia" exclusives?

sravanv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'll pass. You make too many judgements based on what you think I meant rather than what I actually say. And your tone continues to be baiting and argumentative. No thanks, have a nice day

Naw I think you're making an incorrect judgement on me judging you based on what I think you said, rather than what you actually said...as well as my tone. But hey, it's your wish!

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
HTC got more design colors (I want the one from the Steve Ballmer ad so much on my Lumia 920) and earlier updates because of the partnership with MS. Would they give away those exclusives?

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
sueha: I laughed out loud when I noticed your avatar picture.

Now on the topic... What else is there for differentiating yourself than exclusive apps, software features and services when most of the available hardware and the core UI is standardized by Microsoft? Microsoft must offer some options for the manufacturers and this is what they chose and Nokia is aggressively using them all.

VoodooKing#WP

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Not so far, other than with Nokia Drive, which has now moved out of exclusivity. The apps and games that are exclusives now are largely not of sufficient standard to warrant any jealousy, although it does make me wonder why HTC are not doing anything, even releasing their existing apps for Windows phone 8.

The Lumias themselves are enough to put me off them. The 920 is the worst Windows Phone 8 device there is. The phone is too big and too heavy and the device is so unstable compared to the 8X. We've got three at work and the Mrs has one at home and they freeze all the time, even with the latest updates. I've, touch wood, never had the 8X freeze on me.

I just hope HTC continue to support Windows phone as I can't see myself buying a Nokia unless they improve a lot.

Lol, funny how people just love making up stories like these.

"We've got three at home and they freeze up all the time"

That right there folks is the moneyshot.

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I understand your point of view regarding the Exclusive apps thing . But it doesn't really bother me though !
To be fair , I'm new to the Windows Phone platform & so far so good , I didn't need any of the exclusive apps at all .

Also , I'm glad I picked the HTC 8X over the Lumia 920 !
Well priced , Great specs & fits my needs .

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I get annoyed at exclusives with anything, including phones and even streaming services like Amazon Prime. Its worse with phones obviously. All phones with the same OS should have equal access. All carriers should have equal access to phone models.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124