Anyone else have a scratch mark or sore from a burr on the metal around the charging port?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I love the Band and wear it almost all the time. I've had it for about a month, but there is a very small burr, probably from manufacturing, at the edge of the metal surrounding the charging area. It has rubbed against my wrist and caused a minor sore. I've stopped wearing it for a while to let it heal. I've seen a forum that discusses allergies to the material but nothing having to do with the rubbing from a burr.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
You have choices here.
#1: Take the Band in for replacement under warranty for a manufacturer defect. The burr should have been polished off before it was ever boxed up. Make no mistake, it is a manufacturing defect. While it is to be expected on items you may purchase at a dollar store, it is not acceptable for finer electronics such as the Band.

#2: Take a very small file and remove the burr yourself. This is sometimes easier said than done, and will depend on the position of the burr, your skill, and the tools you have available.

My first move would be the replacement. Something meant to be worn on the wrist should never be an irritant or cause damage to that wrist.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans