Anyone else having issues with Contact and SMS Sync After Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Build .164?

EzMonger

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I did a hard reset for the first time on Windows 10 Mobile in a while and after the reset I noticed that a large number of my Outlook contacts did not come back after the reset. I also noticed that my SMS text messages also seemed to be not syncing any more as well. I have SMS history turned on.

When I pull up People on both Outlook.com and in Windows 10 PC, the contacts seem to be synced well between those, but they are not syncing with mobile. Also when I check the history on Windows 10 PC in the peoples app, it looks like there are newer messages that are not coming into mobile as well.

I tried going back to Windows 8.1 to see if I would get those contacts and SMS to sync, and it did not. Then went back to Windows 10, still no sync.

I have already tried things like editing the contact on the Web and attempting to sync the phone again with no avail. Another thing I noticed that the option sliders to sync contacts and calendar in your Microsoft (Outlook) Account in Account Settings seems to be missing unlike other accounts you add, there only seems to be a slider for email. I am assuming though that the syncing of calendar and contacts is pretty much automatic for your Microsoft (outlook or hotmail) Account.

Not sure where to go for Microsoft support, because I am not sure if this is a Microsoft Account issue, or if there is something wrong with Mobile Syncing itself.

I have a Lumia 1520 and am in the Windows Insider Production build .164. Was wondering if there were more people seeing this issue, or if anyone had any suggestions on how to correct or who to contact to get it corrected...

Thanks.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I did a hard reset for the first time on Windows 10 Mobile in a while and after the reset I noticed that a large number of my Outlook contacts did not come back after the reset. I also noticed that my SMS text messages also seemed to be not syncing any more as well. I have SMS history turned on.

When I pull up People on both Outlook.com and in Windows 10 PC, the contacts seem to be synced well between those, but they are not syncing with mobile. Also when I check the history on Windows 10 PC in the peoples app, it looks like there are newer messages that are not coming into mobile as well.

I tried going back to Windows 8.1 to see if I would get those contacts and SMS to sync, and it did not. Then went back to Windows 10, still no sync.

I have already tried things like editing the contact on the Web and attempting to sync the phone again with no avail. Another thing I noticed that the option sliders to sync contacts and calendar in your Microsoft (Outlook) Account in Account Settings seems to be missing unlike other accounts you add, there only seems to be a slider for email. I am assuming though that the syncing of calendar and contacts is pretty much automatic for your Microsoft (outlook or hotmail) Account.

Not sure where to go for Microsoft support, because I am not sure if this is a Microsoft Account issue, or if there is something wrong with Mobile Syncing itself.

I have a Lumia 1520 and am in the Windows Insider Production build .164. Was wondering if there were more people seeing this issue, or if anyone had any suggestions on how to correct or who to contact to get it corrected...

Thanks.

Contact syncing and more is automatic (or is supposed to be) for your main microsoft account attached to your phone. When you say you have SMS history turned on do you mean " sync text messages between devices" under settings in the sms app?

It will take some time for the messages to sync, it took several days for me for the messages to start syncing.

In regards to the contacts try creating several test contacts, sync your email and see what happens?

EzMonger

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for responding.

The SMS texts finally did sync up after about a day or so.

Outlook contacts however are not syncing properly at all. I know I am not the only one because Windows feedback is full of posts about the problem and I have upvoted ever one of them I have found that is 2 weeks old or less. This has to do with the People app and Outlook contacts only as far as I have seen. My iCloud, Facebook, and other contacts sync fine.

I have attempted to manually sync the Outlook account several times with no success. I even tried adding a contact back on my phone that was in my Outlook contacts. I had to delete the contact on my phone because it started to create endless duplicates in my Outlook.com People. Seems like every time the phone tried to resync, it would add a new duplicate instead of recognizing one was already there. Had to clean up my online contacts multiple times before I finally just deleted the Outlook contact I had created on my phone.

Not sure what the problem or solution is, but it is in Feedback multiple times... just go looking through the feed back on the People App in mobile.

If anyone has a suggestion on what to do to fix this, please let me know.

511pf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I went back 10 10586 and it also took a while for my SMS to sync. It did eventually happen. Not sure about the People app. I don't change that one all that much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6