Anyone get the Tango update?

turbulent

Feb 13, 2007
Visit site
Forced updated my focus s just two days ago. There's a Samsung update as well.

Can't tell what was in it, but it seems to have fixed the popping sound when on aux and changing tracks

cukhi123

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I think I was one of the lucky ones and got notified of the update the day it came out (June 27) as soon as I connected my phone to Zune. From using the phone the last few days, a lot of bugs seem to have been fixed, including the keyboard sound lag issue, the disappearing keyboard issue and the issue where couldn't talk to someone if you had normal headphones (without a microphone) plugged into the phone.

Since a lot of people haven't gotten the update, I'm guessing they're staggering the rollout of the update. Try connecting your phone to see what happens though. The update didn't show up for me until I did.

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Tango'd mine using the wifi trick again and again (4 times). Then the Samsung update happened on its own. So much fun. Thanks again AT&T - you're still the worstest.

So far so good but its early so... :p

Last edited:

DaHui623

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I did the Zune connection hack and it recognized an update to 7740, but twice now it's gotten stuck at the restarting phone screen and eventually errored out. Error 801812C1

Edit: Thank you Google. I had an issue with a driver that wasn't installing to my pc properly. This site was immensly helpful:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484

Last edited:

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Forced updated my focus s just two days ago. There's a Samsung update as well.

Can't tell what was in it, but it seems to have fixed the popping sound when on aux and changing tracks

I'm posting everywhere trying to find out if this in fact fixed but can't seem to get a direct answer.

Please guys - any of you that have forced the Tango update all the way - including the Sammy update that seems to be the last one that zune pushes - please, please please try playing some audio through the zune player via a car stereo or some other amplified source and report whether that annoying "pop" between tracks has gone.

I need more than one person to verifiy this before getting my hopes up.

Cheers.:)

DaHui623

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm posting everywhere trying to find out if this in fact fixed but can't seem to get a direct answer.

Please guys - any of you that have forced the Tango update all the way - including the Sammy update that seems to be the last one that zune pushes - please, please please try playing some audio through the zune player via a car stereo or some other amplified source and report whether that annoying "pop" between tracks has gone.

@woodbane, I'm in the process of updating now. I have one more OS update to force and the firmware update and then i'll head out to the car at lunch and check. I'll post back later.

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

I've only streamed via bluetooth in the car so far - no popping noise there. Just an occasional random short dropout once in a while, but very rare. I'll try and remember to try via audio cable soon.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I've only streamed via bluetooth in the car so far - no popping noise there. Just an occasional random short dropout once in a while, but very rare. I'll try and remember to try via audio cable soon.

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure this issue only ever presented via AUX cable connection so wouldn't expect it via bluetooth.

I think it was narrowed down to some weird firmware issue that was basically the phone cutting power to the headphone jack when it detected a gap in music and then turining it back on again - causing the "pop" noise.

DaHui623

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Report:
Experiment 1: I played music through the aux cable at normal sound (normal to me, your usage may vary) and noticed no "pop" between tracks. I switched tracks a few dozen times in 3 different albums on my phone.

Experiment 2: I cranked the phone volume all the way up and turned it up quite loud in my car and had mixed results. Many times there was no "pop" but occasionally there was. Again I switched tracks several dozen times and listened closely. At no time did the "pop" reach the level of volume that the music did but it was noticeable about 30-40% of the time.

Experiment 3: At the previously set high volume, I allowed several tracks to progress naturally to the next and didn't hear a "pop" at any time when I did this.

Probably not quite what you wanted to hear, woodbane, but there it is. I'm not sure it's relevant, but I drive a 2010 Hyundai with factory stereo and a USB & AUX connection in the center console.

Also, a side note, while texting with my earbuds in and the key press sounds on, it no longer makes the staticy "woosh" sound between each key press.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Report:
Experiment 1: I played music through the aux cable at normal sound (normal to me, your usage may vary) and noticed no "pop" between tracks. I switched tracks a few dozen times in 3 different albums on my phone.

Experiment 2: I cranked the phone volume all the way up and turned it up quite loud in my car and had mixed results. Many times there was no "pop" but occasionally there was. Again I switched tracks several dozen times and listened closely. At no time did the "pop" reach the level of volume that the music did but it was noticeable about 30-40% of the time.

Experiment 3: At the previously set high volume, I allowed several tracks to progress naturally to the next and didn't hear a "pop" at any time when I did this.

Probably not quite what you wanted to hear, woodbane, but there it is. I'm not sure it's relevant, but I drive a 2010 Hyundai with factory stereo and a USB & AUX connection in the center console.

Also, a side note, while texting with my earbuds in and the key press sounds on, it no longer makes the staticy "woosh" sound between each key press.

Actually, this is pretty good news. Prior experiments showed that the phone did this ALL the time. And the popping sound was very audible - certainly as loud if not louder than the music. I actually returned a Focus S because of this - I listen to music all the time in my car and just couldn't deal with it.

Incidentally I also drive a Hyundai - 2008 Sonata - but I've added the AUX in via a hardwired FM modulator. Just have an AUX input on the dash so a nice tidy install actually.

If your report gets echoed by anyone else I'd strongly consider a Focus S again until WP8 drops.

ANYONE ELSE CARE TO VERIFY DaHui623's FINDINGS?

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Report:

Just wondering - the volume on Samsung Focus is usually set at around 26 all the time, car volume rarely above 1/4. What volume would you say your phone is normally on?

DaHui623

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering - the volume on Samsung Focus is usually set at around 26 all the time, car volume rarely above 1/4. What volume would you say your phone is normally on?
I normally leave it at 18 but turn it up to 26-30 while listening in the car, which I mainly just listen to podcasts while driving. My car volume I have set between 10-12 on the display, whatever that means.

Glad I could help :)

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I normally leave it at 18 but turn it up to 26-30 while listening in the car, which I mainly just listen to podcasts while driving. My car volume I have set between 10-12 on the display, whatever that means.

So you'd say with phone volume at 26 and car volume at low - medium that you weren't really experienceing any pops (or you couldn't hear them)?

DaHui623

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So you'd say with phone volume at 26 and car volume at low - medium that you weren't really experienceing any pops (or you couldn't hear them)?
Exactly. I guess at that low volume, since the pop was never as loud as the music, I couldn't hear anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)