Anyone has an awful experience while configuring the phone after a hard reset?

moth43

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Every time I do a hard reset using W10M is an awful experience, since TH2. Sometimes Extras app don't install, pre-loaded apps like Lumia imaging apps also don't install, Store takes more than 20 minutes to update 48 apps and sometimes it installs applications that I've already removed, Gadgets is missing from the app list (and it needs to be removed in Storage sense and be downloaded again).

I had to revert back to 8.1, then I upgraded to W10M yesterday and today I did six hard resets to get the apps installed, but W10M fails to do that. The phone spend too much time to complete the configuration. I submitted a feedback about this problem, but I didn't get an upvote.

Anyone else have this bad experience? What could I do? I've already tried to not connect to a Wi-Fi in OOBE screen, not use the phone after completing OOBE and soft resets.

Last edited:

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Anyone has an awful experience after a hard reset?

Everytime I do a hard reset using W10M is an awful experience, since TH2. Sometimes Extras app don't install, pre-loaded apps like Lumia imaging apps also don't install, Store takes more than 20 minutes to update 48 apps and sometimes it installs applications that I've already removed, Gadgets is missing from the app list (and it needs to be removed in Storage sense and be downloaded again).

I had to revert back to 8.1, then I upgraded to W10M yesterday and today I did six hard resets to get the apps installed, but W10M fails to do that. The phone spend too much time to complete the configuration. I submitted a feedback about this problem, but I didn't get an upvote.

Anyone else have this bad experience? What could I do? I've already tried to not connect to a Wi-Fi in OOBE screen, not use the phone after completing OOBE and soft resets.

these are some common issues with w10m , even i have faced almost every issue that you have mentioned here+ i would like to add more > like after a hard reset if i enter settings there will be no options, only a search bar and an entire blank page though a reboot fixed it . > still the OS installs core apps on sdcard and is simply impossible to update from store unless you move them back to phone memory.

any number of hard reset wont fix all the issues, some issue will always surface and you will feel the need of resetting again. I have gone through the whole charade myself and it was nerve wrecking to finally get the device " bug free" after reset.

silentFan

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site

Apart from bluetooth and wifi, everything else is running smoothly for me. Try removing SD card during reset and connect to internet for first setup, then give enough time for app install before use and customization.

moth43

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site

Apart from bluetooth and wifi, everything else is running smoothly for me. Try removing SD card during reset and connect to internet for first setup, then give enough time for app install before use and customization.

Thanks! I did that, but it didn't work. I even left the phone idle for almost 1 hour, but there were still many apps missing.

Edit.: I did another hard reset and I connectd to Wi-FI and I left the phone idle again and now everything installed, but Gadgets is still missing from the app list.

Baaah, enough of hard resets. Can't take anymore. XD

these are some common issues with w10m , even i have faced almost every issue that you have mentioned here+ i would like to add more > like after a hard reset if i enter settings there will be no options, only a search bar and an entire blank page though a reboot fixed it . > still the OS installs core apps on sdcard and is simply impossible to update from store unless you move them back to phone memory.

any number of hard reset wont fix all the issues, some issue will always surface and you will feel the need of resetting again. I have gone through the whole charade myself and it was nerve wrecking to finally get the device " bug free" after reset.

It's a shame that this big issues are still present. Hard reset in W10M get on my nerves too. I miss the reliability of WP8.1, but it feels outdated now and more and more apps are being pulled. I have to stick with W10M. It's not bad, but is too much buggy.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

What device are you using? I've got a 950 (I wiped out my digitizer on my 1520 trying to replace the battery) and I haven't had any issues like that with my 950. I've had a few soft resets for the Wi-Fi issue (I'm on the latest Insider Build and waiting for the firmware update which I've downloaded but I'm waiting for ATT to release)

silentFan

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site

Make sure you got to windows 10 via the upgrade advisor app on 8.1. For me being on the insider rings then resetting to go to production caused issues with tiles and apps. If that doesn't work, u r just very unlucky maybe wait for next build update and pray.

moth43

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site

Make sure you got to windows 10 via the upgrade advisor app on 8.1. For me being on the insider rings then resetting to go to production caused issues with tiles and apps. If that doesn't work, u r just very unlucky maybe wait for next build update and pray.

Yes, I got it via Upgrade Advisor!

What device are you using? I've got a 950 (I wiped out my digitizer on my 1520 trying to replace the battery) and I haven't had any issues like that with my 950. I've had a few soft resets for the Wi-Fi issue (I'm on the latest Insider Build and waiting for the firmware update which I've downloaded but I'm waiting for ATT to release)

640 XL. The post configuration that is a bad experience, but the phone works normally after that.

vezycash

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Here are two things to check:
1. Make sure your date/time is correct
2. Try changing country and language to US
3. Turn of wifi and use mobile data. (Mine refused to update on Wifi)
4. Finally, if those don't work as well, use PC reset method (the thing that used to be called Nokia care)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I had done a factory reset when I got to 14393.67 from windows phone 8.1 on my lumia 540
If i remember correctly:

• Factory reset took 25 minutes or so
  • After the reset, phone asked me to sign in -did that
  • Restore from backup? I said no - fresh start
  • Went to store for apps - I made sure to manually download the ones I wanted - cancelled others for a later time like xbox and weather. Took about half an hour for all apps including 3rd party ones
  • Added email accounts - took about 10 minutes for 2 accounts
  • Synced messages - continuous process, don't know how long it took
  • Signed in on different apps like whatsapp, 6tag etc
  • Copied over some wallpapers, music and ringtone
  • Set up start screen the way I wanted
  • Changed settings where necessary.
  • Finally soft reset, set alarm and went to sleep. Battery drain over night was maybe 2%

All in all, there was no major issue, nothing wrong in downloading updates or apps or anything else

Kindly note: this was a factory reset from settings and not hard reset using the key combination

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra