Not getting latest apps

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been tying to set up my new 1520 over the past few days and I'm not getting many of the latest versions of the apps. Groove, Skype, Photos, Store, etc... Many.

I've tried many different iterations going back to 8.1 using WDRT, updating every app at every stage. (8.1, W10M TH1, W10M AU .953, and even W10M CU .2). I've tried leaving insider, Insider Preview and Fast (which brought me to CU) but no matter what I don't get them. I DO get presented with updates, which I install, but not the latest.

The two that made me realize something wasn't right was Skype (which mine still says Skype Preview) and Groove, which is missing the major interface updates)

I've also done hard resets, same issue.

I have a hacked 925 running AU, an 830 Running CU, a Win LTE BLU HD running AU.. they all were presented and I installed the latest versions about a week ago.

I'm wondering if anyone else has recently done a hard-reset or re-do of a device and seeing the same issue? Since we are so close to the CU update I'm wondering if there's a problem on Microsoft's side and maybe they are re-baseline the available versions?

Anyone our there with a spare 1520 they want to hard-reset and see if you get the latest versions?

Dan

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Part 2 of my odd situation.

My gmail contacts are not appearing in the people app. What i do see is a 'Contacts' entry in the calendar app. Ugh. I swear there has to be a transient back-end issue with some Microsoft services.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb