App Notifications

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe that the OS setup allows garbage devs to hide their app from notification blockage by hijacking our alarm clocks and leaving us with no way to stop it. If I download one more app that activates my alarm clock to tell me I haven't used their app in 12 hours l, I'm going to puke. The apps should be pulled.

Anyone find a work around to stop this other than uninstalling the app?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I feel every bit of what you're feeling. First app was Gameloft and them using the calendar notifications. Anyway, I haven't found a work around, best thing is to check the settings on those apps and see if there is a setting to turn off.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I guess that I haven't downloaded that many games because I have never seen this issue (I am now tapping my wooden desk )

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I guess that I haven't downloaded that many games because I have never seen this issue (I am now tapping my wooden desk )

Trust me. It's maddening when you're alarm goes off at 2am to tell you that your sheep in farm I'll are dying for your attention. If a dev uses this tactic, everyone of his apps should be pulled immediately. This whole thing drives me nuts. I can't believe that they don't get that this doesn't get us to use the app more, but to delete it as quick as we can.

Gustavo Sanchez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I have seen that before, mainly Gameloft games. Some have an option to turn toast notifications and such off, but for the rest, I just revoke background running privileges in Battery Saver. Seems to work for me.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have seen that before, mainly Gameloft games. Some have an option to turn toast notifications and such off, but for the rest, I just revoke background running privileges in Battery Saver. Seems to work for me.
Games like the new Farmville game don't give you the option to revoke in battery saver. I don't know how the devs were able to make their app void of being shut down by background settings, but they do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo