App store problem

Stacey Belcher

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I had a new Nokia Lumia 635 on Christmas Eve.

Everything has been fine with the phone and I've been enjoying getting to know my new Windows Phone as I've never had one before. Tiny bit disappointed with the lack of Cortana, but hopefully it will be out in my region soon :eek:D

Anyway, when I had it I installed all of the apps that I wanted with no problem. At the weekend I decided that I wanted a football scores app. I tried to install an app but it wouldn't, so I tried a different one -still no joy. Today I've tried to install a translation app and it's giving me error code 80080204.

Can anyone help me to be able to install apps please. I've tried the turn it off and back on thing and that hasn't worked.

I'm in the UK

Thanks guys

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi Stacey I am from the UK too. If you need help on Cortana I will give you a step by step guide. So easy to do as I have it on my phone too. To download apps you must be over 18 or you may need to unlock parent control

Stacey Belcher

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

I'm over 18 and could download apps before the new year, don't know what's changed.

If you could let me know how to get Cortana in the UK that would be great 😊

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
As for Cortana this is what you need to do

1) change region to American (phone will restart up)

2) change language to American English (the phone will download the speech pack automatically-- let it do that) then the phone will restart.

Swipe left and Cortana will be on the phone 😊

erg02

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if this can help, but I'm in the US and experiencing the same issue with not being able to get any apps to download. I'm think the issue is my internal sd card may be bad, so if you have an sd card and you store all new apps on the card you may have to backup and reset the card and see if that works to allow you to being installing apps again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb