App Updates: "Error, see details"

macros_1

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I've recently replaced my 950 XL with a 830 to tide me over for a while. I'm trying to get my phone back in shape, but I'm running into an issue with some of my app updates. There's about 10 app updates that just won't seem to install. They try and install over and over and over, but show "Error, See Details". When I tap them to see the error, nothing appears, it just tried to install again and fails.

They seem to all be built in apps, like Equaliser, Guestures and Touch, Lumia motion data, etc..

Any suggestions on how to get these to update? I'm updated to the latest build. I've also adjusted my settings to install to the phone rather than SD as I thought that might be the problem. So far, can't seem to get them to go.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my L640 with the "Rate Your Device" and "Lumia Motion Data" apps. I had a few other apps that were not installing, and they actually had an error message to tell me what was wrong. For most of them it was because I had inadvertently selected the option to install new apps to the SD card, and they wanted to be installed directly to the phone. Once I switched that setting and reboot my phone, they all installed.

However, these two apps don't give an error message, and just try to reinstall when I select them. The first time I see the correct file size for each one, as they show 0.1 MB of 2.3 MB (Rate) or 0.1 MB of 4.3 MB (Motion) for the transfer before they error out. Any attempt after that to install shows 0.1 MB of 0.1 MB before it errors out again.

Since these two seem to be core OS apps, there is no way for me to uninstall them and try again. I'm thinking that only another hard reset will fix this. Since everything else on my phone is working smoothly, and I have a start screen layout that I really like, I don't think the hard reset will happen any time soon.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my L640 with the "Rate Your Device" and "Lumia Motion Data" apps. I had a few other apps that were not installing, and they actually had an error message to tell me what was wrong. For most of them it was because I had inadvertently selected the option to install new apps to the SD card, and they wanted to be installed directly to the phone. Once I switched that setting and reboot my phone, they all installed.

However, these two apps don't give an error message, and just try to reinstall when I select them. The first time I see the correct file size for each one, as they show 0.1 MB of 2.3 MB (Rate) or 0.1 MB of 4.3 MB (Motion) for the transfer before they error out. Any attempt after that to install shows 0.1 MB of 0.1 MB before it errors out again.

Since these two seem to be core OS apps, there is no way for me to uninstall them and try again. I'm thinking that only another hard reset will fix this. Since everything else on my phone is working smoothly, and I have a start screen layout that I really like, I don't think the hard reset will happen any time soon.

It's a server related thing, usally it resolves by itself during server maintenance, but now we are on holidays time mmm.....

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
As camaroz1985 pointed out in another thread in the main Windows 10 Mobile area, the solution was to use the Storage app to move the apps in question from the SD card to the phone itself. Once I did that, I was able to successfully download and install the two files that were giving me problems.

Patrick Fitzgerald1

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
It's crazy to me that the error codes are neither clickable nor copyable. WTF is someone supposed to do? Memorize or write down the number by hand to retype it into a search engine?? Hello, Cortana? Can you hear me?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintchip