[APP] World Cup Brazil 2014

t0ms3n

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I want to share my recent app I am working on. The world cup is near and hopefully some more people need an app to enjoy it even more :).

WorldCup Brazil 2014 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

It is my first app so maybe you can hint me on some design issues or anything else.
What I want to achieve is a (mostly) fluid intuitive app with the most important informations as well as some social features.

Current features:
  • Live tile with the next upcoming match and latest results (wide version)
  • Transparent LiveTile (8.1)
  • Theming aware
  • Team information
  • Group stage overview
  • K.o. stage as graph
  • Match details including results and stadium informations
  • You can comment on matches
  • Full match schedule
  • Free bet system on all matches
  • Overall ranking for these bets
  • Bet groups to get group specific rankings and group chat
  • Public and private bet groups
  • News feed
  • Statistic for goals and cards
  • Localized into german, english, french, italian and arabic
  • Automatically updated data
  • Push notifications per match

I love to hear any suggestions or feedback! You must not be nice :). An app review would be awesome as well!
If you like what you see and want to support me even more I would be very happy about any further localization support.

Thanks and best regards,
t0ms3n

qrcode.jpeg

Last edited:

David Hegedus

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey! The app looks great! Really good but I am not sure if I like the fonts or not.

My biggest problem is however the ads.. Ads are a real dealbreaker for a lot of us. Does it necessary to include them?
We have bing sport, onefootball with great world cup news and everything, without ads.

t0ms3n

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

thanks for your feedback. Yeah I heard this not for the first time now. I will think about it.

The ads should only be from adduplex which are thought to promote the app. Currently you will only see these when you set up an account (once),in the overall ranking and on the info page.
But i will reduce/remove them at a certain point.

t0ms3n

May 6, 2014
Visit site
A new version is in the store now. (1.0.0.9)

Changes
- Bet groups can be public (private is default)
- You can search and join (context menu ... hold the item a while) these groups
- Removed the custom font
- Removed the ad from the overall ranking
- Changed the layout of flags and team names in lists

Tell me what you think about the update and what you love to see in the next update.

t0ms3n

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone,

the next version is near. Currently im looking for some inspirations regarding wide tiles. What do you prefer? With a background image or without? Regarding 8.1 I belive transparent tiles are superior?

What kind of information do you expect on a wide tile?

t0ms3n

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, the listed matches in the live page are the next upcoming matches. But you can see the full schedule if you navigate to the menu page and hit Fixtures and results.

Gabriel M

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Well..I don't know a specific font but there are many good looking fonts (Adidas,Sochi 2014,Spiderman...).Also futuristic and digital fonts are good.

t0ms3n

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Well I will have a look into it as soon as all remaining task are done. Because you noted that you dont "like" the background as well, I will think about an additional theme which will include another font. I can not guarantee that it will be ready in time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital