Apps, apps and more apps.......

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Most of the time on here, the discussion is about achieving ( if at all possible ) some kind of parity with Android / Google / iOS. Most people are constantly banging on about lack of apps, apps and more apps.

Has anyone sat down and actually looked in the Play Store? Type in 2048, and you get 10's of hits. Essentially, all the same app and certainly someones intellectual rights have been ignored. Same with temple run, any kind of strategy game, ie Clash of clans etc, word searches, crosswords, Family Guy, Simpsons etc..... Then you get to the inane apps like Parking Mania, cosmetic surgery, make up games, surgery games, dentist games etc etc

It's all well and good saying you have over 200,000 apps, but when you sort the wheat from the chaff, you haven't. It's probably nearer to 1/2 to 3/4 of your claimed numbers.

Most of the game apps are TAT. Be careful what you wish for.

Maps, with street view would be great, a greater choice of productivity apps would be nice, and the pick of the best Android game apps, not the cr*p that, surely, must be infringing some kind of copyright.

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
We know we know. I think that most users here want companies to give our platform some recognition instead of treating us like a "stepbrother" lol

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I have to agree with you young Sir!

It would be nice to have a bit more attention from Devs, and I'm sure if MS relax things a bit more, it might come along.

In the UK we currently have Crapple bragging over 1 million apps in their store, so it looks like they are trying for a big push on Android. Trouble is, when you remove the blatantly copied apps, it's probably a lot less as well!

Only been with WM for 2 months and can't believe how I missed the boat! It does everything an old codger cab driver needs and a nice big 640XL screen as well for my poor eyes!!! Does everything my note 3 did ( apart from the Spen, which I never used, and amoled) and is a damned sight less glitchy and not as power hungry!

I am sold, even without a massive store for apps. Would still like a decent browser, with add block facilities ;) and google maps with street view.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss