Apps Hub + Notification Center design concept

Dirty Harry

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
My Two Cents

For me the hub idea doesn't work from a UX stance as you'd have to come out of any apps you're in, this applies to the swipe right on the home screen suggestion as well.

My pitch would be a long press on the search button which would present a notification centre, contextual search as well as a phone-wide search in a panoramic overlay, killing three birds with one stone.

Overall it would be a better user experience as there would be less 'clicks' plus you can access it from anywhere

GanaeshD

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Brilliantly simple. I was actually thinking of something similar to what you cooked up in your mock-ups, but instead of swiping to the right of the apps menu, I was thinking of swiping to the left of the start screen.

But other than that, that is one sweet mock-up.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of an extra pivot page to the start screen. If swipe to the right is voor the apps, perhaps a swipe to the left could be for the notifications?

Another option I was thinking of is a long press on the search key. This can prompt a screen with notifications, just like a long press of the back button for the multitasking screen.

Haxcid

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Love the design however I would like to see it to the left of the main tile screen. Swipe left get notifications, swipe right get Apps Center. Either way brilliant concept, it is different enough from iOS and Android to keep the legal teams at bay. Someone needs to get this to the WP Dev team and get their opinion on it. Live tiles are great but this would make WP 8 over the top.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes