Are camera images better with Cyan update?

bryanibuan

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Anyone who received the Cyan update on their 920? Can someone please make a pre-Cyan and post-Cyan comparison to see if they made some imaging improvement? Seems like only the 1520, 930 and Icon are receiving the 'Better colors' improvement on the camera.

theandresperson

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Bump - I'd also like to see if anyone notices a difference in camera performance. I'm tired of my pictures getting ruined by the terrible post-processing.

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
If you are asking about any noticeable changes in the application - no. I can't complain about the picture quality. Mostly never fails to capture a good moment for me.

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
My 925 had the abhorent yellow tint due to poor post processing algorithms, as well as the clarity being washed out (even on the computer it looks pretty embarassing). Updated to Cyan, nothing improved. Such a disappointment. My ATIV S Neo takes more accurate pictures now, I hate to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I snapped some picture before Cyan to make a comparison.

Clever me accidentally backed up my sd card before I snapped those pics, and reformatted the SD card.

Lumiaa620

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
And again the same story, guys take the picture with your lumia and with other devices and compare them if its plain bad you are not good with photography. Reason why I said that its because I had the chance to play with a S4/Lumia920 (portico)/Lumia 920 (black) (guess what minimal difference when I get some time I'll post the pictures you whiners), and please stop that portico excuse , just please stop it.

Last edited by a moderator:

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
And again the same story, guys take the picture with your lumia and with other devices and compare them if its plain bad you are not good with photography. Reason why I said that its because I had the chance to play with a S4/Lumia920 (portico)/Lumia 920 (black) (guess what minimal difference when I get some time I'll post the pictures you whiners), and please stop that portico excuse , just please stop it.

I have two 920, one with Portico, one with Cyan and I can confirm that the postprocessing of Cyan (like Black and Amber) is terrible.
If you want I can send some photos for permit you to make a comparison beetween the two device (with the same configuration settings and same image model)

Please, stop to say "you are not good with photography" (a question: do you work for Microsoft/Nokia?)

PS: the postprocessing issue seems to be solved with Cyan only on 630,1520 devices (like explain Nokia in the Cyan history log)

amigappc

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
PS: the postprocessing issue seems to be solved with Cyan only on 630,1520 devices (like explain Nokia in the Cyan history log)

It's incredible that they even recognized the problem but only fixed it for the newer mobiles. I am back on portico because the difference especially on video recording is big but after a few months is crashing a lot but even then I am not updating. I cannot believe a big company like Nokia can do something like this and the worse thing is there is no choice.

Mario92

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Nobody said there will be Cyan updates for any other phone except Icon/1520. Did someone actually expected something new for almost 2 year old phone? LOL

And of course 1520 has better pictures because of more advanced optics, 6 element lens and higher megapixel count.

This thread is pointless.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
And of course 1520 has better pictures because of more advanced optics, 6 element lens and higher megapixel count.

This thread is pointless.

92x series have F2.0 cameras, while the 520, 930, 1520 all have F2.4 cameras. A lot less light gathering ability on them.

Also, wondering if a firmware update that tinkers with camera post processing (which is independent of the camera, thus the POST) is making any changes to a phone it is going on is hardly pointless.

Edit: better pictures until the lights go down, at least...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99