Are Microsoft and Xbox going to pivot away from cloud gaming?

Luuthian

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
It’s frustrating to consider that Xbox bet on the wrong future here. Why they did is understandable, but it feels like so much time has been wasted on setting up services to get ahead on that curve that they forgot you need to deliver content that actually gets people excited to use it.

The other issue here is it was always a crutch of sorts to expand Xbox’s reach. Cloud gaming enables older consoles and weaker devices to play the latest games, but by the time you’ve invested the money for the right routing equipment and internet plan (if you even can where you live) you were likely better off just buying a device that could play the games natively.

Here’s hoping Microsoft pushing devices like the ROG Ally means they’re serious about pivoting priorities… let someone else build the hardware, then remind everyone what that hardware can give them access to

swizzlerz

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Its an intresting time to be in. Watching this merger has been a pass time. I am not as active in the xbox gaming world but this will still effect me either way as I still have an xbox series x. It would be nice to see the merger and get access to so many more games via game pass and what not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99