Are windows phone going to be dead soon?

Mehtab Khan2

Jul 4, 2017
Visit site
I have lumia 640xl and recently i heard about that microsoft ended up support of lumia 640 and 640xl.now i wanna know whats gonna happen would it die or something?

Aravind Belagaje

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
You will have apps unless and and until you uninstall it or made a system reset.dont expect to get all of your apps after a reset.

I reset my phone few months back then i lost a YouTube client app and a text editor and few days back when i reset i lost Bookmyshow app witch was used for movie ticket booking.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Aren't the apps in your download history when you login in windows.com. When I did one hard reset I found the old installed apps on this way

Found this to be very hit-n-miss. Have three Windows Phones, hard reset one and lost a couple of apps even though they are still relevant on my other two phones. No way no how could I find those apps to reinstall.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Your Lumia 640XL smartphone, will continue running perfectly fine unless your hardware or battery stops working. WM10 creators update is officially supported on your phone by microsoft and will continue to receive monthly security updates and bugfixes well into 2019 and app updates from store. If you updated insider build and received fall creators update it will be supported even longer. You can check MS support plan here http://allaboutwindowsphone.com/news/item/22657_Windows_10_Mobile_goes_to_1525.php

SvenJ

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Depends on how you define dead. As others have said, it will still work fine with caveats relating to apps. Some have quit getting updates, some have been pulled altogether. If they aren't ones you want/need, no big deal. MS isn't doing anything but maintenance and security updates, but they are doing that. Not suggesting anyone should be overly optimistic about what MS might do, but if you like WM10, and the dwindling third party support doesn't bother you, no reason to bail. I'd guess you could get another year and a half to two years of function out of a 950/950XL/X3. (my 920, 1020, 1520 still work)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss