Are You Ditching an Existing Tablet for Surface RT?

Blackjack55345

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Sold an iPad 2 to my sister just a couple days ago. Still have a Nexus 7 as well, which I'll probably keep around for a little while unless the Surface completely takes over. I like the size of the Nexus when in bed or playing games. I'm just glad I got rid of my boring old iPad though. Man, that thing just stopped getting used because it was so...blah.

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Replacing my Nexus 7 that I'm giving to my g/f. I really like the Nexus, but am blown away by the Surface. My only concern is the Nexus is a great size and worried the Surface will be too big for couch surfing while watching TV. Typing this from my Nexus.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've owned a bunch of tablets so far (iPad, Xoom, PlayBook, and Galaxy Tab 8.9) but could not justify the cost of the device versus the functionality that they provided. I do feel that the Surface will be worth the entrance fee due to the fact that it is essentially a full-blown computer OS, just minus the legacy app support. Another reason why I feel that I can justify the cost is that I know that it will work seamlessly with WP8 and a PC running full-blown Windows 8.

will25u

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I also have a nexus 7. It's a great device for playing games and reading because of the weight/portability and it's probably the most smoothest android tablet I've had. My only gripe about it is that it feels too much like a phone and can't really take notes in class with it, but for overall consumption device its great! The surface will be my tablet that can go do almost everything and if I need to run legacy I will use my desktop at home.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe that I will be ditching my iPad 3 entirely, but I can certainly see myself using it about 50% - 70% less. This may change over time.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I'll be picking up an RT tomorrow and a Pro as soon as they are available. I will probably retire my 32gb touchpad, but can't see giving up my 64gb TP panda unless surface just kills it in multitasking. Just don't know if I can fully give up the convenience of using multiple touchstones with such a great device. And for those other 32gb tp users, the 64 with a native 1.5ghz dualcore is MUCH faster than the 32's (even overclocked to 1.5).

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a Surface yesterday. This replaced an original Transformer. I have also owned an iPad 1, HP Touchpad, Nook Color, various cheap Android tablets, and the Motorola Xoom.

The Surface beats them all hands-down.

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ditching iPad3. I'm keeping it cuz i received it as a gift and i dont want to hurt the person's feelings.. but Surface is just amazing and leaves ipad in the dust.

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Selling my nexus 7 to a friend, nice little tablet, but I am confident the surface (when it eventually arrives) will be much more useful

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamododomunı