Arrows...

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
The lack of directional arrows on the virtual keyboard make me wonder about the functionality of the arrows on the physical keyboard on this device (well, I mainly wonder for another device, but this one's the first one with a keyboard that has arrows).

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Haven't felt a real need for the arrows so far--the typing is so much more accurate and easy to tap that unlike Android, it doesn't seem necessary. Wouldn't be bad to have though, but there are trade offs (give up other buttons or more cramped).

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
The keyboard arrows are nice for navigating to a spot for editing. If you are using the virtual keyboard, you would probably just use the screen touch cursor placement.

Screen touch cursor placement for those that are unaware...

Touch and hold in the text area (email, text msg, webform,...whereever you enter text) after a second or two, the i-beam edit cursor will display, drag it to where you want to edit.

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
The keyboard arrows are nice for navigating to a spot for editing. If you are using the virtual keyboard, you would probably just use the screen touch cursor placement.

I use my arrows for this exact reason. I find it very helpful for editing documents in word and excel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deewinc