As touch screen only!

IcyEyes

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
Hello !
Does somebody know if I can just use it as touch screen with my own PC ?
Just as a "regular" touch pen display!

Thanks a lot :)

Last edited:

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: As screen only!

why would you buy a $3000 dollar computer to "use as a screen only" ??? that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard... there's plenty of beautiful 4k monitors out there that you can use and cheaper too! SHOOT you can buy for cheaper a 70" 4k TV and connect to that, that's what I did and I can game and watch movies in 4k BOOYAAAA! ... now if you want to connect another device, say a surface pro 4 then I think you can connect if the monitor has an HDMI input... and that sounds more reasonable. also the "computer" that comes with the surface studio is very VERY good and powerful...

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I have a Studio. I don't see any way to connect it to another computer in a way that would let you use its touch screen for input to the other machine. I suppose you could put a file that is resident on your non-touch machine in the cloud and edit it on the Studio, then re-open it on the other machine. But I don't think that's what you are asking about.

IcyEyes

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
I have a Studio. I don't see any way to connect it to another computer in a way that would let you use its touch screen for input to the other machine. I suppose you could put a file that is resident on your non-touch machine in the cloud and edit it on the Studio, then re-open it on the other machine. But I don't think that's what you are asking about.

Thanks so much for the reply !
This is the exact replied I needed and well even if the build-in PC is pretty nice, for my use isn't powerful enough to run some heavy duty 2D/3D tools.
Well, too bad, that screen looks wonderful, way better than any Cintiq and (probably) the Dell canvas.
I hope MS will release just the screen !

Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett