.asmx web services

eaglei22

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm in a windows phone development class and I'm studying for an exam. One of the topics is .asmx web services, with the specific categories I listed below. The course book doesn't seem to cover this.. I have Essential Windows Phone 7.5 and I scoured the internet but I can't really find much resources for this topic.. Can someone help me answer these questions or at least point me to a good online tutorial to help. Thanks!

.asmx web services

? Main classes involved
? How do you get a web service wsdl document
? How create and register the proxy
? What kinds of data can be serialized
? Method attributes
? encoding mechanism used and transport protocol used

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Ah.... It's ASP web service. So you better start on ASP.net. Personal suggestion, ditch asmx and go all in with Windows communication foundation. Just go to WCF's section on msdn - it has all the answers you need.

bobcnz

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Here are some of your answers.

Web Services with ASP.NET

The rest shouldn't be hard to find now you understand what to search for.

eaglei22 is correct that this is the old way of doing things, although that doesn't help you in your exam. wcf is even old as well, as the newer way again is to use asp.net webapi which is much simpler than soap and wcf. Each has its own place and use.

Bob

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Here are some of your answers.

Web Services with ASP.NET

The rest shouldn't be hard to find now you understand what to search for.

eaglei22 is correct that this is the old way of doing things, although that doesn't help you in your exam. wcf is even old as well, as the newer way again is to use asp.net webapi which is much simpler than soap and wcf. Each has its own place and use.

Bob

Thanks! I need to update my knowledge now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf