AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

MaximW97

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

The first rep interally told me 'you should talk to customer service about this' and I said 'aren't you customer service'??????????

And she said 'no I'm billing and payment.'

Well, thank you for nothing, Ms. Billing And Payment.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T will give you a credit for the price difference on the 920 due to their Black Friday sale

AT&T is still giving credits back on this?

Wow.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

Rules for dealing with customer service (any): Be polite. Ask, don't demand. Be patient if it takes them a couple minutes, they can only go as fast as the system will allow them. Have information that may be releavant to the call ready, SKU numbers, model, etc. If you've been a long-standing customer, just politely mention that (true or not) you've enjoyed most of your experiences with them. If you call in and take an irritated, or hostile tone with them, they are not going to be willing to help you.

I work in a call center myself (not AT&T), and just taking this approach, I have pretty much gotten what I wanted every single time I have talked to them. I've been a customer of theirs for 9 years. I've even asked a rep occasionally let me pass a compliment to a supervisor at the end of the call.

Last edited:

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

I was able to get my credits at two different times. I ordered 4 920s on my plan and they said they would only give me credits for two, so $100 since they couldnt confirm the deal. I said fine, ill take it. Then my parents when on their on to the store and asked for the credits and got the remaining $100 with no issues. I didn't even know my parents knew about the deal. The first two was credited when the deal was published before black friday, the 2nd $100 was probably a week ago. So i got $200 credit and add on another $160 in upgrade credits waived. Total of $360 in credits this month :)

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Im a little late on this I guess, but have been trying for 15 minutes. First five chat operators have denied me the credit so far. All keep saying I have to go back to the store which I really want to avoid doing.

MaximW97

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Im a little late on this I guess, but have been trying for 15 minutes. First five chat operators have denied me the credit so far. All keep saying I have to go back to the store which I really want to avoid doing.

Yeah my case was initiated on 11/20 so they can look at the record. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes