Ativ S Neo updated to GDR3

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick post to say that I successfully update to the GDR3 preview. No issues with the update and no issues noted on my phone so far.

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Good to know you haven't had any issues so far. I'll update mine later this week when everyone and their mother isn't trying to download it.

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Likewise, I updated mine around 12:30 eastern today, went very smoothly with no problems to report of. First impressions are that the update is a very solid addition of features. Looking forward to 8.1 coming next year!

qhendricks

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine is working very well so far. I'm liking everything, and I'm not running into any issues with the ATIV S Neo. My only problem is now trying to find out what sound I should use for my now-available text message notifications. :cool:

vistascan32

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I use a battery app (which may do more harm than help). But I used to get 20 hours of projected battery life off of a charge, now it's showing 11 hours.

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I use a battery app (which may do more harm than help). But I used to get 20 hours of projected battery life off of a charge, now it's showing 11 hours.

I ususally try to stay away from utilities like this as it reminds me of all the stuff you need to manage your Android phone(task killers, etc.) like you said, more harm than good since it's constantly checking the battery.

aafa

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
for GDR2, I had to do a factory reset to get the 'other storage' to decrease and also to get Data Sense.

for the peeps who updated to GDR3 on your ATIV, are you getting the new features without a factory reset?

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
No factory reset here either, and the phone does seem a bit smoother. It still stutters at times when not on Wi-Fi and cellular data is weak (it did that before the update also, out of the box and still after a factory reset) but it seems to have lessened.

qhendricks

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
for GDR2, I had to do a factory reset to get the 'other storage' to decrease and also to get Data Sense.

for the peeps who updated to GDR3 on your ATIV, are you getting the new features without a factory reset?

I didn't do a factory reset, but to be honest, I don't even see an "Other" storage anymore. Now, there's an entry for "Temporary Files," which you can choose to manually clear out. No need for a factory reset when getting Update 3. New features are all there and I haven't lost anything either.

shifuimam

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Is there anything special one needs to do to update if the phone isn't currently active on Sprint's network? I have two Sprint phones, and my Ativ S Neo is currently inactive. Do I have to activate my service on it to get the update?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05