Att agrees i have a defective phone but won't exchange

za_mhz

May 21, 2012
Visit site
So I'm on the phone with ATT right now, the agent from yesterday only put down that i said seams were coming apart on my phone. The agent today was willing to swap phones, but I'll be getting a refurbished phone, and she seems to think that ATT will determine that my phones issues are my fault, and will charge me. She did call Nokia to check on known issues(all the agents were polite). I don't feel comfortable using the warranty with ATT, and this will be my last subsidized phone through ATT.
I'm going with Nokia for service on my phone, as they made me feel comfortable. I've also had great luck in the past with Nokia repairing my devices. So no Lumia for a couple weeks.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, they're really bs'ing about exchanges for some reason, for legitimate problems. I was approved for warranty exchange due to CONSTANT reboots on my yellow Lumia and I have dirt all under the ff camera (probably due to cracks or something in the body). They have none in so they set up the order so that it will ship as soon as it comes in. Well yesterday I checked the status and it showed cancelled. Called ATT and they don't know, but advised they tried to call yesterday to let me know it was being cancelled...said they'd be calling back today to explain the situation. WTF!! I just want a phone that works!

Oh, and the whole water damage sticker fiasco at the beginning also. The rep ended up calling Nokia, who advised that it's inside the phone around the battery (can't be seen without disassembly). I told the rep that I know my phones not water damaged and to just issue the darn replacement! Which led to the above fiasco now.

za_mhz

May 21, 2012
Visit site
The last agent that helped me was nice, but she made me paranoid about exchanging with att. I'm very disapointed in the way things were handled. But i'm excited to get my phone back from Nokia.

ispyc6

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If you take the sim tray out and look in where it goes there is a black pin that pulls out another tray. That is where the white water strip is.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I thought that pin might be for something! lol! Didn't want to risk it on my new phone.

On another note, talked to ATT today and they said I could send in to Nokia for repair (no chance I'm going without my phone) or they offered to upgrade and send a NEW phone, charging me for it and then crediting my bill. Which once investigated wouldnt work either because they say they wont have any until Jan! So, in the end, they set up a callback to place the order in Jan. Complete BS!

Panda858

Banned
Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
If you take the sim tray out and look in where it goes there is a black pin that pulls out another tray. That is where the white water strip is.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

You are so smart, I was looking all over phone it when on the phone with the AT&T customer service lady.

She initiated the swap for me anyway, getting a refurb hopefully it's better than my current handset

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254