Audio and video stop after a couple of seconds - when headphones plugged in

Moongoat

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Hey there,

I'm new here, so sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place... I tried to search for this problem, but couldn't find anything...

Anyway, I'm having a problem with my phone: When earplugs are plugged in, all media stops after a couple of seconds after I've hit play.
So: Youtube, Music, Podcast+ Pro... They all stop playing after a couple of seconds. When I press play again, it will continue for a couple of seconds, but then stop again...

When I don't have any earplugs plugged in everything works normally.

Any idea what's causing this? Or how to fix it? It's rendering my phone pretty useless.
I have a Nokia Lumia 930, it says its version "Lumia Denim" - I can't really find a version number, but its saying: Core build ID: 9030.48

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried another pair of headphones? Just to test, as I believe it'll pause things if it can't detect a jack plugged in.
Or it could be a faulty jack within the phone itself.

For now, just try another pair of headphones...

G.

Moongoat

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm strange.
I also thought about that myself, and before posting I did try another pair, but of the same brand... (I bought two sets of "TDK EB-950"s - both of them had the same issue.

Because of your post I tried another pair I had around (random sennheisers) - and they don't have any issues of stopping the audio.

I'm fairly sure it's something with the software though. A couple of days ago I did install some update

edit: but so yea, even though we've found a workaround I guess, I'd still like to fix this somehow. Those sennheisers are old and falling apart, and those TDKs were pretty good before the update

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad you've found a workaround...

I only use a pair of iPod headphones for my phone.
I don't really know too much about that side of things, so maybe someone else can give you some advice!

G.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo