Audio Streaming quality via Bluetooth

itsnavsub

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been using T-Mobile Lumia 640 LTE for the last 4 days. Overall great phone. I also own the Lumia 920. One issue, which I am not sure is an issue, is with the audio quality Bluetooth audio streaming on 640.

I stream audio from my XBox Music app to my Bluetooth speaker. There is no issue with the pairing and subsequent audio streaming. The issue I noticed the audio quality is very sub par when I use Lumia 640 compared to Bluetooth audio streaming from Lumia 920 or any other phone (iPhone 6, in my case). I had to increase the volume quite high on the speaker to hear the audio.

NOTE: In all my tests, the volume on the Windows Phone is set to Level 30 (Max - 30/30) for Media + Apps when paired with the Bluetooth speaker. FYI Lumia 920 is on Denim with 8.1 Update 1.

Anybody else noticed this issue? Could this be an issue with Bluetooth 4.0? Is this an issue with Windows 8.1 Update 2 (Also known as GDR2) on Lumia 640 ?

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed any difference, myself. I use the BT in my truck all the time and I have the volume at 30, which is what my M8 was always at. On my portable BT speaker at home, it defaults to 15, which is what my M8 always did and the sound at that level is about the same, too.

May not help you, but thought I'd share my experience. I will try again on my portable BT speaker and see if there is a difference and I just didn't notice it.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
@jdballard Thanks for the response. Appreciate it :)

You're welcome. I did double check my speaker and the BT volume is defaulting to 15 and it sounds about like it always has.

One thing I've noticed on BT, although it's a different issue, is that every now and then the audio drops completely. When it resumes, though, it's like it actually paused and then started playing again. Kind of weird.

itsnavsub

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You're welcome. I did double check my speaker and the BT volume is defaulting to 15 and it sounds about like it always has.

One thing I've noticed on BT, although it's a different issue, is that every now and then the audio drops completely. When it resumes, though, it's like it actually paused and then started playing again. Kind of weird.

Once again thanks for checking. Looks like you are noticing another issue. Somewhat a similar symptom though :) It appears the Bluetooth profiles are causing some weird issues. Maybe an issue with Update 2 (GDR2).

RMPCunha

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm facing low volume in calls using BT.... in fact, I've abandoned my BT earphone that i was using with other phones (sony xperia u and LG d280) without problems because the volume is too low for in car use...

Messing with audio settings and changing everything to max does not produce great results, it improves sound but not to usable levels...

itsnavsub

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
@RMPCunha Sounds exactly like my issue (i.e.) audio levels becomes too low when a Bluetooth device is used be it a speaker or ear phones.

Hopefully Microsoft is aware of this issue and fix it in the next update.

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have always had to crank my volume to hear anything via Bluetooth. I cannot get my 640 to auto connect to my car, *always* have to manually connect and sometimes several times. It's the only thing that I really dislike about the 640.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb