Audio Video problems on xbox app only windows 10

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So I recently got the Xbox game pass for PC, played around some on sea of thieves, noticed some minor glitchy moments and just kind of ignored it. Today I decided to play Metro Exodus, and it was almost unplayable. I started up the game and every single time I shot my weapon, the audio would lag behind for a good solid second. Yet normal dialogue seemed fine, it got progressively worse as I went through so that as I tried to do actions in game the game would freeze for a moment. I have a 1080 graphics card and a good CPU that was only running at about 20% so I don't believe it is a hardware problem, it's very rare that my PC will struggle with a game. I do have the game saved on a external hard drive instead of my solid state drive, but again that has never been an issue for me outside some longer load screens on any game I've played on steam, epic, origin etc.
I'm not sure if this is just a beta problem for the Xbox app on Windows 10 and I simply need to wait, or if there's something I can do to make it work better. I'm not a computer expert but I'm not completely illiterate so I can supply more info as needed but may need guidance on some of the more difficult things to do.

W

Windows Central Question

So I recently got the Xbox game pass for PC, played around some on sea of thieves, noticed some minor glitchy moments and just kind of ignored it. Today I decided to play Metro Exodus, and it was almost unplayable. I started up the game and every single time I shot my weapon, the audio would lag behind for a good solid second. Yet normal dialogue seemed fine, it got progressively worse as I went through so that as I tried to do actions in game the game would freeze for a moment. I have a 1080 graphics card and a good CPU that was only running at about 20% so I don't believe it is a hardware problem, it's very rare that my PC will struggle with a game. I do have the game saved on a external hard drive instead of my solid state drive, but again that has never been an issue for me outside some longer load screens on any game I've played on steam, epic, origin etc.
I'm not sure if this is just a beta problem for the Xbox app on Windows 10 and I simply need to wait, or if there's something I can do to make it work better. I'm not a computer expert but I'm not completely illiterate so I can supply more info as needed but may need guidance on some of the more difficult things to do.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Firstly, do you meed the recommended hardware specs? Second, are all your audio and display drivers up to date? Third, disable any and all programs that might be running in the background whilst you play and may cause the computer to lag and lastly, play the game on a more reduced detail level and lastly, if you uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app does it help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786