Back camera lens

numetheus

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone concerned about the back camera lens being scratched up when you put the phone down? It seems like the lens is extremely exposed and am afraid to put it down. A friend of mine has a case for his, but makes the lens flush with the outside of the case ... Which doesn't help the issue. Although, I typically don't like to use a case.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the thought has crossed my mind. But from what I've read, the glass is supposedly Gorilla glass so it should be pretty scratch resistant. My 920's camera didn't have a single scratch at the end of one year so I'm hoping for a similar experience with the 1520!

Westoncreg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine had two scratches on the front and one small one on the back when I opened the box, didn't return it for a new one since I already had my stuff loaded on it :p

numetheus

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Dis you get yours from the AT&T store? I don't trust them anymore ... I've had the same problem with new devices. I went to the AT&T store to get a red one, and it didn't have a seal. Changed my mind when a friend called me while I was there and said the Microsoft store had the off contract one cheaper so I told the guy nevermind. When I went to MS store, he pulled out a box untouched complete with a seal. No scratches ... Perfect condition. I have never gotten a phone in carrier in perfect condition with a seal.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Cotswolds

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
A little over 3 weeks of ownership and I've not taken the first precaution to protect the glass, including not using a case. No scratches yet. Crossing my fingers!

numetheus

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. I did order a case that I was fortunate enough to see in person (friend has one), and it is a well designed slim case that adds some texture for grip. Unfortunately it comes from China so I'll have to wait a bit. Lol. No scratches on my back camera lens either. *knocks on wood*

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb