Bad Bluetooth-Connection when using Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Version 2?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hallo everyone.
I have problems with my recently purchased
Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Version 2 (-->WDA2)
My Setup, i.e. Hardware:
Microsoft Windows 10 HOME - 64 Bit
Ultrabook with Haswell Plattform (Core i5-4200U)
Networkadapter:
Realtek RTL8168/8111 Gigabit-LAN (10/100/1000MBit)
Intel Wireless-AC 7260 (a/b/g/n/ac)
Bluetooth 4.0
Audio:
Intel Lynx Point-LP
High Definition Audio Controller
--> all devices have the latest drivers installed

Problem description:
When I use the WDA2 with my Ultrabook the video signal is excellent and very stabile, however the Bluetooth-Connection (-->BTC) gets totaly unusable, i.e. stuttering. I’m using a BT-mouse (MX Master) and a BT speaker (UE Megaboom), so the cursor of the mouse stutters like crazy and the audio signal is interrupting all the time.
RAM and CPU usage is very moderate, so the Ultrabooks performance does not seem to cause this problem. I guess it hast o do with some setting of the system. Interestingly I have been using the predecessor adapter (Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Version 1) with that Ultrabook running Windows 8 home X64 and had no problems with the BTC.

Questions:
1. Does anyone have the same problem? Does the WDA2 influence the BTC?
2. Might the problem be caused by the Hardware- or the Software, i.e. wrong settings?
3. Whitch settings should I change on my Microsoft Windows 10 HOME - 64 Bit?

One more thing (problem):
Smartphone
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - SM-N920C (Android 6.0.1)
When I try to connect my Note with the WDA2 using 'Smart View' I get each time an error message saying ‚connection not possible‘. However, when I try to connect a Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920F) which uses the very same CPU and is running the same android version (6.0.1) a connection is possible. Any idea why my Note does not connect with the WDA2?

Thank you for your help!

Eric Wendland

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
I've had the same problems with the Microsoft WDA since I have used them (both versions). If I have bluetooth on my Surface Pro 3, any video I am streaming will stutter and I will have occasional disconnects. If I turn off bluetooth, everything works well. I have also found the WDA works smoother if I set the wireless adapter to 2.4 gHz only. I tried 5 gHz only (because bluetooth operates around 2.4), but that didn't work because I think the adapter requires 2.4 to connect. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans