Band 2 and Motion Data useful or redundant?

Dzik

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Should Motion Data on Lumias be turned off for those using Band 2? I assume there is no benefit running both and it would save some battery on a phone? I also assume, for those that want to run both, there is no risk of the results getting duplicated in a final tally when you carry both? I can see a benefit if they somehow complement each other, eg. Band in charging while I'm walking around my house and backyard with just my phone. Does it add the Motion Data steps to MS Health app only when Band does not provide it? Basically the question is how do Band 2, Motion Data and MS Health cooperate?

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
MS Health, Android version has this to say in the Motion settings screen: "Don't miss a beat - enable your phone's motion tracking and we'll fill in the gaps when you're not wearing a Band."

Dzik

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Oh cool, Windows Phone MS Health app says they same. Glad you found it! It confirms they complement each other :)

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
As DroidUser 42 pointed out, it seems pretty clear that the data will not duplicate based on the wording in the app. As for saving power, I don't know how much benefit you would actually gain. I've carried a Lumia 640 XL and a Lumia 830 with MotionSense, and both had much better battery life than any previous phone I've ever carried.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Using Motion Data doesn't make sense for me, since the only time I'm not wearing the Band is when charging right after I get up, and I'm just on the computer, taking a shower, having breakfast. No real walking involved. I can see the value for those who don't wear the Band 23/7, though......or 22.5/7. :winktongue:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124