Battery after the 8.1 update, do you have a solution?

carloshoodios

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I have had my 925 for a month or so and I always got about 15-20 hours or so out of it during day-to-day use. I updated to 8.1 and this went down to about 8 hours...I was having to carry my portable charger everywhere I went. Then I tried a hard reset last night and it solved everything! Phone is now reporting 1 day and 14 hours of battery left! Only dropped 4% in 2.5 hours of use...couldn't be happier!

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, the battery issue was like when I first grabbed my Lumia 925 from ATT. It got about 8 hours which was kinda 'eh' and then after a few charges I was getting well over 24 hours. I had to stay over at my friends house one time and since I didn't have my charger with me, I set the phone on battery saver, locked it for the night, and woke up 12 hours later and it was on the same percentage that I left it.

Come 8.1 it was the same deal. A few soft resets to fix some problems, tinkering with turning location and cortana off, and boom, with location, cortana, etc. all on, my lumia is plowing through with over a day's worth of battery life again. I honestly think the battery just needs to calibrate itself; takes longer for some phones than others I guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlimPulseWeightLoss