Best battery app?

will c1

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok something just kicked the heck out of my battery. Pretty much full drain in hours. I was working on a house project and not sure what happened, but when I came back phone was dead. It would be great if a battery app could say so and so was the culprit. I would even pay for such a battery app. Anything out there?

gouthamdatsme

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. There is no app that can find which app drains the battery. But there are some apps which can provide some battery details and statistics like

Battery+ | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)
Battery | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)
Battery | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/store/app/battery-sense/d4818006-d50c-4cdd-aef2-b5c9290d6fd3

For how many days are you getting this battery drain problem.? Try to put it in battery saver mode to find out whether the problem is with some apps or with the battery. And sometimes in my Lumia 520, the battery drains very fast for about 2 - 3 days but it fixes itself and after that the problem is gone.

will c1

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Well it just happened last night and I have two battery apps. One says now 36 percent per minute and the other (one that you listed) shows a big drop off in the chart. Guess it will continue to be a mystery. App developers make so much money its just strange no one has come up with such a pin point service yet. BTW its holding steady now.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Did you update any app recently,
did you turn off any background services that are not needed,
did you add any apps with live tiles,

You really do not need a battery app because they can only run every 30 minutes from what I have been told. Best way pin settings to start screen, then scroll down to battery.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Well it just happened last night and I have two battery apps. One says now 36 percent per minute and the other (one that you listed) shows a big drop off in the chart. Guess it will continue to be a mystery. App developers make so much money its just strange no one has come up with such a pin point service yet. BTW its holding steady now.

App developers make so much money! This comment should get some interesting feedback.

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site

You really do not need a battery app because they can only run every 30 minutes from what I have been told. Best way pin settings to start screen, then scroll down to battery.

Those are good tips.

There are some other things that can be done as well to help keep your battery juiced such as...

keeping the screen timeout low
disable backup options
disable Xbox live if you don't play Xbox live games online
Turn off "Connect with Xbox music and the cloud connection
Turn off feedback
Turn off keyboard feedback
Sync e-mail manually or increase time between automatic e-mail syncs/checks
Disable automatic SkyDrive Upload

I'm sure that there are many more tricks a person can use to help preserve battery life. Those are just some of the few I've heard about and tried that have helped me out.

And as Corepc wrote, you really don't need a seperate battery app, but if you still want one or a battery/utility app, I suggest giving "Insider" by DAONE a look. It is a very well designed and executed app with many features. I have found it to be the best all-in-one type utility app in the market.

Last edited:

will c1

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

Yes I did update like 7 apps earlier in the day. Oh and yeah the settings pin was done awhile ago because its used alot. So have updates been known for such heavy drain in such a short time?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss