Best Browser for Windows 10?

blazewon22

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: My New Favourite Browser

I concur. Edge is an abomonination especially on Windows 10 Mobile. I recently reinstalled Chrome on my Windows 10 desktop and performance improved dramatically. Font rendering was smooth and I didn't feel like I was using IE4. If Microsoft wants to be taken seriously they need to fix this ASAP. 6 months is an eternity in the web world.

If you're going to challenge the big boys at least come with a better mousetrap, not a shiny piece of crap.

Warren Leggatt

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site

I never use any browser unless it has ad-block capability. I have not even bother to look at edge on the desktop as it lacks this basic feature. On my 950 there is not much choice.

I use Chrome on the desktop with Adblock and also Disconnect. Disconnect is great, blocks loads of phone home crap and speeds up page loading sooooo much.

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

The only times I ever use Edge is when I'm on my Venue 8 Pro and I want to capture an entire webpage and save it with my handwritten annotations on it. Works great for saving how-tos from the Internet. Otherwise, yeah, I mostly use Firefox with adblock and noscript.

TEFLON DUN

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I don't have any of those problems but I use edge and Firefox... there is nothing fast about chrome over Firefox that will make me late for work.
Edge used always
Firefox for my fake YouTube channel and sites that needs adblock. I use to block ads on edge using a program that block ads from the OS level. Works with all browsers and apps with ads but its not free

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Ok i started to believe you until you said you visit WC on a daily basis and never had a problem with it? Really? I don't think so...not without any alterations at least like Jazmac provided. WC is downright UNUSABLE on Edge without altering it in some way. It's literally slower than dial up with a 266 mHz processor with 128mb of RAM, and I'm not exaggerating. Look around. Look here on all the threads about how slow and terrible this site works with Edge, I'm def not making this up. And Americanweather.com/bb is ALMOST equally as bad on the forums anyways. Typing replies is near impossible and don't make a mistake because if you hit the "back" button on your keyboard to delete a keystroke, the whole page goes backwards deleting all your work! This made me HATE HATE HATE Edge. For me Edge has more stigma and more utter "insert any negative adjective here" than IE did for a lot of people. I can't stand it.

///takes breath///

Ok..I'm still on Chrome.

Can i uninstall Edge from Windows 10 btw? I never tried but i have a feeling i won't be able to.

About hitting "Back" key on keyboard has happened a couple of times, as you say, here on WindowsCentral, but I remember that on IE, I will deeply browse this site with Edge, I'll tell you, maybe I was not looking for details when I was browsing. The only thing I've noticed is a difference of rendering WebSites: I have a 13" Full HD laptop and as you may know, Windows up-scale all elements on screen, I've reduced that percentage, Chrome respected it, Edge didn't do it.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Sorry but I couldnt agree that EDGE is best, at least based on my experience for more than 2 months now with it. On SP4, as soon as it starts, things start freezing. videos in EDGE flicker while same works good in other 2 browsers !! With all the latest updates installed, I couldn't justify myself why I should be using it over other browsers. I have already submitted issue details to MS, hope they can make it better with fixes.

Arunabha Goswami

May 11, 2015
Visit site

Just one question. Since Edge doesn't have add ons and plugins, which were you really using that much in Chrome that you now miss?

All i use is the ad blocker and that's basically it, the rest was just junk.

This wasn't addressed to me, but here's the list of add-ons/plugins that I use on Firefox:
-. Adblock Plus
- Clean Links (Converts obfuscated/nested links to clean links)
- Duplicate This Tab
- Evernote Web Clipper
- Hide My *** web proxy
- LastPass
- Lazarus Form Recovery
- QrCodeR (turn any link/text to QR code)
- Tab Groups
- Video Download Helper

Also, editing the host file to block all ads does not work for me, since I allow some websites to show ads (if they ask nicely).

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

This wasn't addressed to me, but here's the list of add-ons/plugins that I use on Firefox:
-. Adblock Plus
- Clean Links (Converts obfuscated/nested links to clean links)
- Duplicate This Tab
- Evernote Web Clipper
- Hide My *** web proxy
- LastPass
- Lazarus Form Recovery
- QrCodeR (turn any link/text to QR code)
- Tab Groups
- Video Download Helper

Also, editing the host file to block all ads does not work for me, since I allow some websites to show ads (if they ask nicely).

I would really just need Adblock and QrCodeR, which also seems nice, i don't really miss others... Host edit helped me, but not completely all the spam things are blocked. Might be since i didn't include the whole complete list.

Sekyal

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I actually have used Edge full-time since upgrading to Win10 and overall I like it. It does have a few issues. Obviously it needs extensions, but one problem I have on some sites is the disappearing text entering text in forums (Mainly). Annoying.
Also the back button collects all the ad links I guess since often I have to hit back several times to get back one page (never had a back button do it this way before). Hopefully the right-click coming back to the back button will help there.

Anyway overall Edge is a quick and fast browser. It opens far quicker than Chrome or Firefox on my machine. It's faults are not so great that using the alternatives is necessary.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site

I hate google as much as you do, but at times I think that google is a better software company than MS is. MS makes great stuffs but they don't implement it effectively and so we consumers always end up with halfarsed products and they remain so for annoyingly long time. MS needs to pull their socks up.

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

I don't understand what people are complaining about. This site works perfectly on all my PCs using Edge. I can even post a video showing how fast this site loads on my Inspiron.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

I don't understand what people are complaining about. This site works perfectly on all my PCs using Edge. I can even post a video showing how fast this site loads on my Inspiron.

My thoughts exactly. On my SP4 in Edge this site works as expected, problem appears on my phone using Edge. When any page loads it takes 20 - 30 clicks to open any link or play an embeded video. I haven't seen this anywhere outside WC.com

cmucodemonkey

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site

The other problem I have been having with Edge is not being able to navigate back several pages with one click. In Chrome you can click and hold on the back button and a list of pages comes up that you can navigate to. I wish Edge did something similar.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

The other problem I have been having with Edge is not being able to navigate back several pages with one click. In Chrome you can click and hold on the back button and a list of pages comes up that you can navigate to. I wish Edge did something similar.

or swipe to go back/swipe to go forward..

orrrr... tab syncing??

Shubhamgoel1999

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Which Browser do you use on PC?

After upgrading to Windows 10, I primarily used Edge because I do not have a rigorous browsing routine. However, I was pushed into using Chrome by my ****** friend and I did find that it was better than Edge because of add-ons. But the problem is that I tried Mozilla after it and I am confused about which one should I use. Firefox has reader mode but Chrome seems more streamlined and there are smooth animations. So, which browser do you use on your PC?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb