Best Camera App for Lumia 521?????

Ralph III

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

We just purchased our first smart phones (coming from flip) and I desire a good Camera App, so any advice would be appreciated. BTW, I'm an amateur photographer who does some professional work, so I don't desire anything cluttered with "editing" or "special effect" features.

I just want a simple camera utility that would allow me to quickly change some settings (ISO, Shutter, etc). It would also be nice if it had a Video App. For some reason the default Camera App isn't working in my wife's phone so I need something for her. I don't care for the default App anyhow.

I did download "Imagine Cam" and that App would be perfect except, 1) it doesn't have a video function, 2) the quick Settings Icons are very small and difficult for me to read.

Thanks,
Ralph

Ralph III

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!

I actually came across the Nokia Camera App (Google Search) but it stated it wasn't available for my phone at the Store. Anyhow, I followed the instructions to the tee this time (thanks Alv3..) and after several re-starts of the phone/Wi-Fi, it was able to install.

I just downloaded it onto my wife's phone as well. It's a great App and just what I was looking for, perfect!

God Bless,
Ralph

Ralph III

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Pro Shot seems to be a good App but I don't see how it could have anything on Nokia Camera which is free. I can quickly change ISO, Shutter Speed, WB and Focus. It also allows for quick zooming, burst shooting and Video mode.

The only feature Pro Shot seems to have over Nokia Camera is the ability to tweak Color Saturation. That however is something I like to do with some professional software on a large screen computer. So I have no use for that feature. I also don't see where Pro Shot offers Video?

Anyhow, I find Nokia Camera perfect for my desires but thanks for all the input.

God Bless,
Ralph

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
In my eyes, ProShot is worth the money. You can do longer or shorter exposures, which is awesome for this phone. Since it lacks a flash and all. Worth the 1.99, I feel.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
There's other proxies you can try. Try 103.13.29.118 and set the port to 8888, save, and see if that works?

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
That's bizarre...ill see if I can get it working later after work. The proxies could be down, though...

Ralph III

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey illyc,
I had a time getting it to work on my Lumia 521 but no problem at all with my wife's 521. It will work. After changing the proxy, you may have to then reboot the phone. Then be sure the proxy is back to normal (off). You may also have to turn off and then on your Wi-Fi. Now revisit the website and you should have the "download" button. I think what's happening is the Internet "cache" has to be flushed or similar. Ralph

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
The 117.135.139.179 proxy is working for me as we speak...ONce you start to download the app it'll say "attention required" and won't download. Turn off the proxy, and hit "try again." This time it should download without a hitch.

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Glad you got it working!

Also Ralph, definitely give ProShot a try. It's worth the $1.99. A TON of shooting options on it. The lack of a flash on this phone really doesn't bother me anymore, since I can change EV, ISO, do longer exposures, etc...

Think I'll be hanging onto this phone for a while now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb