Best looking case for the 8X? I think I have it!

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I have been working on custom 3D printed cases for both the 8X and the Lumia 920. I just put the finishing touches on my own personal case, and wanted to show it off a little.

DSC01508s.jpg

This was created using simple spray paints I purchased at Lowes. What do you think? If you like the case, you can get more information on them at http://www.gibbageart.com/case/

Kevin

MercenaryOne

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Looks pretty flimsy, a lot of narrow point make it look weak, especially the corners. A lot of unnecessary open space make me doubt the usefulness of what is a phone case. If you made it primarily for looks, well props to you, the open space reminds me of live tiles. If you designed it for function, imo it is seriously lacking. The thing that bugs me the most is it looks like the case covers up the edge of the sim card slot. I would either cover the entire thing, or make it look like the slot is functional.

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
The point of the case is not protection. If you want protection, get an Otterbox. The point of the case is to not hide a great phone design under layers of silicone and plastic. That being said, it protects your phone a lot more then having nothing. Its made of strong and flexible nylon that's seared together by lasers. I have dropped my phone about 4-5 times from 4-5 feet onto concrete, tile, and asphalt, yet the case survived, and the phone has no scratches, so I'm thinking its protecting the phone rather well.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I relly haven't seen a 3D printed case that I really want to have.

That being said, there are tastes for everyone so I guess some will like it. Good job on making your own design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny