best prepay data sim - London?

remotelocal

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
hi all, going to be in London next month for about a week and need data on my HTC 8x (international vers.) I've got lync for voice calls, and skype for family, so really just need data as I also want to tether a surface while i'm there.

prepay 1gig or so should suffice. if it's got some texts and time wedged in all the better, as some local texting and calls might be in order but really just need good fast internet.

Whats the best option at the moment people of England? cheers!

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Three, along with most payg networks, won't let you tether. GiffGaff will though - they charge ?7.50 for 1gb. Or ?10 for 1gb, 250 mins and unlimited texts (uk only)

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Definately 3.. Also if you travel around Europe you will have unlimited internet in all countries 3 is active..

I think you might be mistaken with that. Yet have a ?5 per day charge for roaming on data, and its only for monthly contract customers. Happy to be wrong on that though - could you share a link to the product page on the Three website?

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Here you go, it says tethering is permitted on the ?10 goody bag. It's also allowed on the data goody bags:

http://giffgaff.com/goodybags/10pound-goodybag

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It's almost like I read what he asked for (1gb, tethering allowed, mins and texts a bonus, payg) and found him a tariff to match, irrespective of network, huh? ;)

remotelocal

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
thanks all. i'm only there for 6 or 7 days, so going by my usual monthly data use, i think the 1gb should suffice! no DLing, just usual data use. and the extra texts and call minutes are all good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium