Best wallet cases for Lumia 950xl?

real0395

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Best wallet cases for lumia 950xl?

Hi everyone,

I recently got the lumia 950xl and I'm trying to find the best wallet case for the phone. I've done some research, but I can't seem to find any that particularly stand out.

The ones I've bookmarked that seem the best quality so far are:

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Lea...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3477989
http://www.amazon.com/iCoverCase-Pa...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3477989
http://www.amazon.com/FYY-Top-Notch...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3477989
http://www.amazon.com/Terrapin-Feat...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3477989
http://www.amazon.com/Lumia-950-XL-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3477989

I am wondering if anyone has used any of these and/or have wallet cases that I am not aware of that they can recommend. One of the common complaintsI've read in various cases (particularly from the last link posted) is that the case will block the side buttons OR whatever that goes over the buttons isn't good enough for you to easily press on the buttons. I also primarily charge wirelessly, so obviously I want a case that won't interfere with that (or NFC). Also, I have more than a few cards to put in...so the more room the better but obviously I wouldn't want it to being too thick and will have to cut back on what I put in.

Thanks for the help!

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Best wallet cases for lumia 950xl?

Try horizontal/vertical flip cases on eBay for $10 free delivery. No need for fancy cases. After I tried various cases finally returned to the soft INCIPIO back cover that originally bought for 950XL. H/V flip cases make 950XL too fat to be placed inside a pouch.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Unless you have a tempered glass screen protector on you 950XL, I'd stay away from wallet cases. In my experience with them, I've had issues where sand or dust or some other tiny particle would get between the screen and the cover and cause tiny scratches on the screen. They also hold in a lot of heat, too. This is just what I've experienced. Other people might have had no negative experiences with them. Good luck. :)

real0395

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Ah yes, that's the first link I put down, it looks classy and simple, but I can't find any reviews on it!

Unless you have a tempered glass screen protector on you 950XL, I'd stay away from wallet cases. In my experience with them, I've had issues where sand or dust or some other tiny particle would get between the screen and the cover and cause tiny scratches on the screen. They also hold in a lot of heat, too. This is just what I've experienced. Other people might have had no negative experiences with them. Good luck. :)

Hmm I didn't think about that, were there particular cases that caused this issue or did you try a bunch?

Try horizontal/vertical flip cases on eBay for $10 free delivery. No need for fancy cases. After I tried various cases finally returned to the soft INCIPIO back cover that originally bought for 950XL. H/V flip cases make 950XL too fat to be placed inside a pouch.

I don't need a fancy case, but I was thinking of saving pocket space by combining my phone and my wallet. So you're saying the wallet cases make the phone too fat to fit in your pockets?

I haven't seen that one before, it does look simple and effective. Any particular pros/cons for that wallet case?

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

i got one of the amazon cases with a husky on it (front and back) - ive had it for about a month and even tho i was hesitant at first, I love it now !

ElronTheElder

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site

I haven't seen that one before, it does look simple and effective. Any particular pros/cons for that wallet case?

Wireless charging works, holds a couple of CC's, Drivers license, some cash...enough to get you going.
I don't watch movies on my phone but guess it could do that also.
Seems like it will last.
For the price, I'd buy it again.

real0395

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Wireless charging works, holds a couple of CC's, Drivers license, some cash...enough to get you going.
I don't watch movies on my phone but guess it could do that also.
Seems like it will last.
For the price, I'd buy it again.

Ok, that sounds good to me. Have you had any screen scratching issues that another poster mentioned with wallet cases?

ElronTheElder

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site

Ok, that sounds good to me. Have you had any screen scratching issues that another poster mentioned with wallet cases?

Had some permanent marks done on my L 1520 from a leather wallet. This was a function of stuffing to much in the wallet, forcing it closed.
Other than that, no.
Same type of leather wallet on a Nexus 6 did no damage, kept that phone pristine . However didn't protect it from being dropped in the toilet.....

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I tried a couple of different styles on my old 1520. Most likely, you'll be OK with a wallet case. I just had a negative experience with mine. If you decide on getting one, just keep an eye on the inside of the cover. A glass screen protector would keep everything safe though.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
]Dunno how good it is but it looks really nice

http://ca.mobilefun.com/56633-mozo-microsoft-lumia-950-xl-genuine-leather-wallet-flip-cover-cognac.htm[/URL

Last edited:

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

Had some permanent marks done on my L 1520 from a leather wallet. This was a function of stuffing to much in the wallet, forcing it closed.
Other than that, no.
Same type of leather wallet on a Nexus 6 did no damage, kept that phone pristine . However didn't protect it from being dropped in the toilet.....

I have a lumia 830 wallet case. I never put the cards in the card slots because they would rub up against the screen. I would put my cards in the cash area and then 2 cards in the top pocket. The reason being is if I put the cards in the top section the middle of the case would bulk due to filling the cash part with cards. This meant that the top cards wouldn't actually touch the screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99